Chapter 43- All for One and One for All

You jumped down from where you were on the tall building, vanishing to stand next to a disguised Deku, Todoroki, Momo, Kirishima, and shockingly enough, Iida. You figured after the whole Hosu incident that Iida would be against all of this rebellion. Maybe he had a good reason for being here.

"Hey, guys." You spoke quietly as you walked next to the quintet in the alley they were hiding in.

"(y/n)! We are just about to make it to the warehouse we think the tracked villain is in." Deku said. You stifled a giggle while looking at your friends and their goofy appearances. You kind of liked Kirishima's though, his hair naturally down instead of gelled up.

"You guys look good. I dig the hair Kirishima, you look cute." You smiled under your half-mask. The red-headed boy blushed furiously, not used to someone giving him a compliment like that.

"Oh really? Maybe I'll do it like this more." He gave you a warm spiked grin in response. Todoroki was by your side as soon as he could get there, his breath on hold as he looked you up and down in your hero uniform. You held his fire-side arm, feeling the heat through your skin-tight gloves. He could feel the excitement radiate off of you, as you were practically glowing with it.

"You're more than ready, aren't you?" Shoto teased with a smirk. 

"This is what I was hired for after all. Besides, I just can't wait to see him," You admitted. Shoto's heart stung, but this time he was genuinely happy too. He saw your eyes light up at the thought of bringing Katsuki home...so for the first time, he actually wanted you to see him. He grasped your hand with his free one, the combination of heat and cool completely balanced.

"I'll support you with whatever you need," Shoto whispered quietly to you and you alone. He was proving himself to you, proving that he was no longer the stuck up and obnoxious competitor to either you or Katsuki. He was willing to see that in order to surpass and be better than his father, he needed to act like that. Endeavor hated All Might for being his biggest rival; Shoto was not going to hate Katsuki simply because he was your number one...but he would be ready to catch you if Katsuki ever fell from that spot. Nothing could stop him from admiring you in the meantime.

"Iida I'm surprised you're here...but I'm really happy you are. Thank you. All of you. For doing this for him. I know he'll never say it, but he will be so grateful to know you cared about him enough to help. So I'll say it instead. Thank you." You bowed your head a little, your classmates were unsure how to respond.

"Of course. We are all going to be heroes one day right? Mind as well start now." Momo spoke with a gentle smile. Iida sighed, scratching the back of his head.

"I just wanted to keep everyone safe and out of trouble." He admitted. You put your fist out to the navy haired man, smiling with your eyes.

"The most important job of all." He broke his stoic expression with a smile of his own, fist-bumping you.

"Right," He confirmed. Deku turned to you with his freckled face, his wild green hair looked even more unruly than before. 

"It's funny you say that he'll be happy about it. Uraraka thought he'd be upset that he would be saved instead of getting himself out of it." You narrowed your eyes at that, your brows furrowing.

"She clearly doesn't get him...Katsuki hates appearing weak, yes, but he's not an idiot. We either save him secretly where he can walk himself out, or the pro-heroes can turn it into a big televised deal. Which do you think Katsuki would prefer?" You spoke as if it were plain logic, unsure what Uraraka was getting at. Was she encouraging not to save him? Did that mean that the class knows about this and that they agreed with her? Granted, you and your ragtag group of disguised students were acting like mercenaries, but you were surprised no one else stepped forward.