Chapter 92- Coming Home

All Might saw you off at the train station where you, Enji, and Katsuki were ready to begin your trip to the mountains. It was nostalgic for the hero; it was where All Might really got to know you for who you truly were and where he realized how much potential you had as long as someone truly believed in you. 

God, he did not want you to leave though.

His chest ached to see you smile at him. You didn't have the ability to teleport away from the mountains this time...it was just you, Enji, and Katsuki. All Might was worried about not being there to protect you if anything happened, but he supposed it was time to rely on the newest number one pro-hero. It wasn't like you were unarmed. You had a ton of training under your belt now with a legendary blade strapped to your side as if it were made for you alone. But still...Papa Might instincts made him want to wrap you in bubble wrap.

"Guess this is goodbye for now. Looks like we will be gone for a while so give Eri a lot of attention and tell Midoriya to keep an eye on things for me! Oh, and I have a travel phone and iSpi if you need to contact me and-"

"(Y/n)." All Might's calm voice and gentle smile of pride told you that your worries were unwarranted. It felt like it was just the two of you as you stood in the train station. All Might looked at you, truly looked at you, and saw a grown woman that learned more about the world in a year than all her experiences over ten. You grew in strength, heart, and soul...and one would have never believed the intense journey it took for you to stand where you were. "It's going to all be okay. You don't have to worry about a thing. I want you to learn, grow strong, and return from your training an even better hero than before. I know you can do it...and I am so proud of you."

All Might placed his hands on your shoulders with a closed eye smile so genuine you knew he meant every word from the bottom of his heart. Truthfully, you also felt uneasy about this journey. Touya warned you when you faced the nomu that you were being hunted by Shigaraki...and it didn't help you kept that close to the vest.

Part of you hoped he would show back up in the mountains...that without worrying about civilians...you could finally destroy the villain that cost you so much pain. You dreamed of Shigaraki's death for so long, wouldn't it be justice to hold his head in your hands ten years after your parents fell to his?

"This is all thanks to you All Might. Thank you for not killing me when you discovered who I was...and even more so for taking me in under your wing. I am forever grateful for everything you've given me." You bowed towards your mentor and adoptive father with respect radiating from your expression. "More importantly," you raised your head and dove in for a snug and warm hug. "I love you, Dad."

"I-I..." All Might's initial shock melted into an adoring closed-eye smile. He was trying to hold back tears. Being a pro-hero is an immensely risky and lonely occupation. The people you love are constantly at risk, not to mention that it is hard to hold down any relationships when you never stop traveling for work. Because of that, All Might never found a partner...never had children...never had a family. For just a second, he saw a bubbly little girl in his arms that looked at him as if he meant everything to her. It was a feeling of love unlike any other. He finally had a child he could call his own...a reason to keep fighting...a purpose in life. He had you. "I love you too...the best daughter a guy could ask for."

"Heh.." you giggled, looking so young and small in his eyes for just that moment, and then with a blink of his eyes, you were the grown woman all over again. "You're such a softy. I'll see ya when I get back!" Soon enough you waved as you headed towards where Katsuki was saying goodbye to his parents and Enji stood alone. Mitsuki was ruffling Katsuki's hair much to his chagrin and Masaru was patting his shoulders.

You looked at them from a distance with a feeling of belonging echoing in your heart.

And then your spine chilled.