Chapter 77- One and Only

Hawks woke up with a mild headache but was thirsty as all hell. He went to reach for his water on the nightstand only to realize nothing was there. He turned to face the other side, and that's when his bleary gold eyes locked onto your scantily clad figure as you were submerged into a deep sleep. Hawks' cheeks flushed bright red when he saw he was shirtless and his pants lacked a belt...and your dress was haphazardly draped over your body. Panic rose in his chest for a moment as he tried to remember everything that happened the night before, but he was coming up blank.

"Well, good morning to you," Endeavor said in the room's doorway with one of his gold embellished coffee cups in hand and deep purple bags under his cyan eyes. He was wearing a robe as if he just finished showering, and the stern look of disproval on his face made Hawks worry even further.

"I didn't-...tell me I didn't-.."

"You were being your idiotic self, but no, you didn't do anything. I made sure of that since you refused to leave the room." Hawks scratched the back of his golden hair in embarrassment, him reaching over to place the comforter back over your body. You snuggled into the warmth with a look of satisfaction on your soft features, and Hawks felt like an asshole.

"I always gotta push the boundaries don't I? And poor (y/n) trusts me with her life," Hawks muttered under his breath as his fingers gently caressed some of the scars that peaked through the worn-off makeup on your exposed shoulders. "She pretended to be something she wasn't just to stand on that stage with us...she probably didn't even realize it."

Endeavor glared at Hawks, just letting the rank two hero's guilt set in. Hawks was an experienced, older hero that should have been protecting you from the wild side of the hero world but instead he exposed you even further to pesky rumors and the hypocrisy of heroes that enforce the law but don't follow it themselves. Hawks should have known better, but he let his excitement get the best of him and he forgot you were only seventeen.

"She's young, Hawks. I'm not saying that you shouldn't be close to her, especially since she's one of the few people in our lives we can trust...but you need to respect her more than you have been. She's not some girl off the street you can toy with. In some ways, she's more of an adult than either of us but in others, she's still a child. She doesn't know better yet when it comes to the socialite world," Endeavor lectured Hawks. Hawks meanwhile was quiet as the guilt ate him up inside. He didn't want to ever be a person you lost trust in...he wanted to be the person you could go to for anything because he knew you would do the same for him. You were the one person in the world that cared about him as a person.

"I'm glad you're looking out for her...and I should be doing it better. I let my feelings get the best of me. It's fucking weird, usually I'm not like that but...after doing this shit alone for years, it's nice to finally have a companion I can do this kinda stuff with. But Endeavor...now that she's in the rankings, you and I have a lot of work we gotta do to hide her past."

"I know."

"And the shit about her quirk too." Hawks watched the look of confusion contort on Endeavor's face as he glanced over at your sleeping form. "Didn't she tell you what happened when she stepped in between Bakugo and Dabi?"

"No, what are you talking about?" Enji questioned with furrowed red brows. Hawks suddenly felt ten times worse.

"Endeavor...she's quirkless now. That Doctor asshole stole her fucking quirk. Don't you think it's odd how she has to be driven everywhere now? How not once during her time at home that she didn't ghost or teleport to see her boyfriend? You're telling me you didn't notice? It was kind of obvious." Endeavor's mouth gaped open over Hawks' words. You didn't tell either of them about what happened and it was beginning to be apparent that you did it for a reason.