Chapter 39- Don't Come

"RUN!"

Your father's voice echoed in your ears as you stood frozen to the ground in the forest, the blue flames steadily inching closer. 

RUN! RUN! RUN!

It wasn't until familiar hands gripped your cheeks that you finally woke from your waking nightmare.

"(Y/n) we gotta make sure everyone's okay! We gotta move!" Shinso spoke to you, forcing you to look in his eyes.

"I...I..." You muttered out as the fear rooted you in place. I can't lose any more of my family...I can't lose anyone I care about again.

"Katsuki! I have to find Katsuki!" You blurted out in slight panic, Shinso's grip on you remaining stronger than iron.

"He's the strongest one out of all of us out here. He will be okay for now. You gotta get your shit together (y/n)!" You closed your eyes, breathing in deeply and slowly before you exhaled in a long quiet huff. When you opened your eyes, they were narrow with scarlet red irises.

"Take my hand Shinso." He quickly placed his large hand in yours, the veins decorating them like he was a marble statue.

"Let's go." You closed your eyes once again to picture the cabin you and Shinso stayed in along with the rest of the class. When you arrived, Eraserhead had his scarf at the ready, giant scorch marks tarnished the dirt-covered ground and the sides of the wooden cabin.

"Sensei! What's going on?!" You yelled out to Aizawa. He turned to you, running to your side as Shinso held on tightly to your hand.

"Oh (y/n), Shinso! I'm glad you're alright. Are you hurt at all?" Aizawa grasped both of your shoulders, looking over at you to see if he saw any markings...but you were fine. He did the same to Shinso, electing to believe you both were unharmed.

"I'm okay Aizawa Sensei. My gut feeling was right I guess." Eraserhead pulled himself away quickly, looking back towards the cabin.

"Yeah. The fire quirk user was here...it was a clone and there might be more of them. We need to make sure the students will be alright. Shinso, go inside with Vlad, (y/n) you should come with me to fight off those that try to get at them." Shinso stepped in front of you with his violet eyes narrowed in anger, him gritting his teeth.

"I am not weak! I can fight alongside her! I deserve my chance to be a hero too!" Aizawa clicked his tongue in response, his eyes focused on Shinso.

"This isn't about proving yourself, this is about making it out alive. The truth is (y/n) has more damn experience than any other student here. She was hired to be here for a reason. This is her job. If it wasn't for that then she'd be in that cabin too." Shinso was about to argue more when you squeezed his hand.

"It's okay.  Shinso narrowed his eyes at Aizawa, his teeth firmly clenched.

"Aizawa Sensei." 

"What?" Shinso looked incredibly focused at Aizawa, his violet eyes gleaming against the cerulean flames nearby.

"You will let me go with her. No one should be out there alone. We don't know how many came here." Shinso clearly tried to use his quirk against Eraserhead, but the veteran hero's eyes were a neon red, his hair floating straight in the air.

"You can't trick me with your quirk kid. You're lucky I don't expel you for that. So, (Y/n)..." Aizawa turned towards you. "It's your choice." You nodded, looking at Shinso's pleading face...he wanted to feel like he had a chance to show that he too could be a Class 1-A hero.

"Come with me Shinso." Your purple-haired friend let out a sigh of relief, smiling softly towards you and reaching to squeeze your hand. Aizawa released a sigh of his own, quickly taking off one of the white ribbons he uses to catch criminals and tossing it to Shinso.