7. The friend

Aditi's point of view

It's been a whole month when I last saw him after the market. After that day, it was like, he dissapeared in a thin air. I also didn't get a chance to see him in school. I know he came to school everyday. I saw his bike everyday, in the parking stand of school but never saw him in this past month.

My heart is not at ease, not to seeing it's love for whole month. It wanted to see its handsome neighbor, only just for a second. My eyes were only on his gate, just to see his one glimpse. I waited hours on my terrace for him, in case he decided to come out from his house. I also went to his house to teach Divya math but luck wasn't on my side. Whenever I went to his house he locked himself in his room and didn't come out for his room not even once.

That day when I came home, I was thinking about him whole day. His words rang in my mind like a broken tape recorder. Why did he say that? Yes, I feel vulnerable and under confident when my family makes me feel unwanted.

But how did he know that? I didn't tell Divya about my family. I don't want her to judge my family on bases of normal family issues. But why Dhruv feel like someone was trying to crushing my confidence. When I was with him at the market, at one point I saw pain in his eyes, like he know, how alone I am, how unwanted I feel in my family.

But how..?

When I came home that day, mummy scolds me because I forgot one thing to bring for her. It wasn't in the list and mummy also didn't tell me but who gonna believe me so she makes me go to the market again. That day I miss my computer class. But to my relief when I came home again, the creep wasn't there. He already leave, because he had urgent work to do. Thankgod he leave otherwise mummy will stop him till dinner.

"Tripathi let's go.." I came out from my chain of thoughts when Divya called me.

We both picked our bags and went to cafeteria of the school. It's a lunch time and cafeteria was fill with students but I and Divya successfully get the table for two, near the window. My mind automatically went to the day, when first time he had his lunch with us. After that day he never came to us in lunch time.

I wasn't feeling hugry so I gave my lunch to Divya. She already ate her lunch in maths class and loves to eat my lunch also. She is a big foody but still she is in a shape. I don't know how she manage this figure without exercise because she is the laziest person I had ever met.

"When Atul bhiya is leaving for his college?" Divya asked while stuffing the sandwich in her mouth.

"This Sunday.." I said in a dull mood.

Atul bhaiya is also leaving for college. Now our house feels more empty. Atul bhiya was the one who sometimes talk to me when he is free and feeling bore. He is also the one who asked me about my studies. I can't talk to him on phone because I don't have any phone and mummy and papa not gonna let me use their phones.

Now who gonna asked me about my studies or who will convince mummy and Papa if I want to join a new class. Mummy only talks to me when she had work with me and Papa....well he never talk to me.

"Call me when he leave for college. I also wants to say goodbye to him." Divya said while drinking the soda.

"Okay.." I nodded my head as 'yes' and looked outside the window blankly. He wasn't at field also.

His teammates were playing basketball, but he wasn't there. He is the main player of our school's football team and basketball team. Divya once told me, it's his favorite game and I am missing him to watch him playing in playground.

"Hey, beautiful.." I turn my gaze when I heard the familiar voice beside me. My lips automatically curled into a smile and I turn my head to the person.