32. The tissue paper

Aditi's point of view

Falling in love is like holding a candle. Initially it lightens up the world around you. Then it starts, melting and hurts you. Finally it goes off and everything is darker than ever and all you left is the burn, just like my life. I love Dhruv since I saw him first time, my world started lightning up, my dark days started lightning up, I started smiling just of his thoughts, even if I have bad day or my my family did something injustice to me. He was always there to lighten up my world. But leave and my life becomes more darker than ever. How could I suppose to smile when the only light of my life leave me.

But he came back in my life after eight years. Why he want to have a talk to me when I am no one to him and I accepted it long ago. He never loves me, he never like me, he made it clear in that latter. It took long for me to accept that he can stay in my heart but not in my life.

Sometimes when I have the bad day or my bua ji's family beats me and I got upset, I thought that I am not necessarily sad but I just feel empty. It's not sometimes, I always have a bad day.

I don't need someone to complete me. I only need someone to accept me completely because I always the unwanted one for everyone.

At once I want to feel to be loved by my family but now I just want to be treated like a human by others.

Is it too much to ask?

I was so lost in my thoughts that I didn't realise when I reach back exit of the college and the person who occupied my mind entirely since I saw him yesterday was standing in front of me leaning to his car with all his glory, folding his both arms on his chest. His tie was loosely hanging to his neck and few buttons of his shirt open, showing his hard chest.

I understand why Dhruv chose the back exit of the college because this exit is closed for students. Only MD sir can access in this or used in any kind of emergency and this side is pretty much isolated. People talk if someone saw a mere student having a ride with the IAS officer. He doesn't want someone raise their fingers on us again.

He passed his beautiful smile to me when he saw me walking towards him. I clutched my books to my chest when I again started feeling nervous around him and I can feel heat raisen up to my cheeks. I looked down when he didn't averted his eyes from me and walked to him. I slowly approached him and stood in front of him.

"Hii.." I looked up to him when his firm voice reached me and found him grinning.

"Hii.." I replied while giving him a small smile.

"You ready?" He asked and I nodded my head while looking down.

Dhruv turn to the person with large reading glasses whom I saw in MD sir's cabin, talking to Dean sir, earlier in this morning. The man seems in his late forties or maybe early fifties, I am not sure.

"Shastri ji, You can leave." Dhruv said to the man and the man looked happier than before.

"Thank you sir. I will see you tomorrow in the office." Dhruv nodded his head when Shastri ji wished him good bye and then leave in another car.

Dhruv turn to me and said with the same beautiful smile on his lips, "Come."

He opened the car's backseat door for me. I gasped and clutched my books more tightly when I feel his hand on my lower back. Though it was a small gesture but it was enough for me to send shiver in all over body which I am feeling after eight years. I immediately took a seat inside the car and Dhruv closed the door behind me. He then walked around and set inside the car at the backseat, beside me and closed the door.

"Where to sir?" His driver asked him through the rear view mirror.

"Where do you wanna go?" Dhruv turned to me and asked.