67. Bestfriends

Dhruv's point of view

I check my wrist watch again. It's past 10:00 but he is still not here. I am waiting for him here on the footpath signal from half an hour and there is no clue of him. I hate waiting for someone and he is getting on my nerves. I have tried his phone two times but that idiot is not picking his calls. If he is not here in next five minutes I am going to call the taxi and head to home.

What Aditi said in morning still buzzing in my mind. She is not angry but she is upset. I have to do something before she make a decision to leave me but first of all I have to clear this misunderstanding between us which only create distance between us.

I have to make her believe that she is the only girl in my life. Sooner or later I am going to confess my love to her or maybe later I marry her with all the rituals.

But how?

I want to make Aditi's life normal. The life she has lived till now wasn't normal. It was fill with trauma, agony and hate. I want to make her believe that she could also lead the normal life like other normal girls. I want to fill her every dream she has seen from her open eyes. I want to give her the family love she always craved for.

I just want one chance from her.

A motorcycle stopped in-front of me and here is the person I was waiting for.

"You are late." My expressions are blank.

"Sorry bhayi. I had meeting with DIG sir." He said and I just nodded my head.

We both are in our casuals. We rarely went to bar in our formals.

It kills the mood.

That's why we both have pair of casual clothes in our offices.

I gestured him to move back. But he looked at me confusingly.

"I'll drive." I said.

"Oh! All yours. Anyways, I am too tired to drive." He moved back and I hopped on the bike. I kicked the bike and move to our typical desi daru ka aada. (bar)

******

"Wah bhayi, this is called the life. Two senior officers of this city boozing and smoking on the footpath and fucking hell no one know us. What a life." I chuckled hearing Raghav when I found him completely drunk.

I was no less I can feel the alcohol effect in my system. We already empty two bottles neat, our bike still parked on that local bar, and we both are sitting on the footpath in somewhere of the city with beer bottles in our one hand and cigarettes in another hand.

Typical bewda..

(Typical alcoholic)

You can call us, we don't mind.

"Bro, I don't know what will I do without you." He hugged me and I hugged him back.

I patted on his back and broke the hug.

I sip the beer and drag the puff from the cigarette thinking about my life and the girl I recently found out I love and now is my wife who hates me.

Sometimes a thought came into my mind, did she also feel rejected the way I am feeling now when she used to like me in childhood. I don't know why, but sometimes I feel like she also feels the same the way I feel for her.

She also loves me but too insecure to accept it in-front me as once I already broke her heart eight years ago.

I wish I could let go my insecurities that time, I wish Yash would be with me that time then Aditi would be mine long time ago. I would not let her suffer that much. She would have to gone through all this. We may have the grand wedding in-front of all our family members. Yash and Raghav would be the one to dance like crazy in my wedding, Divya would be the one who hide my shoes. I marry with Aditi with all rituals. She would be mine in all manner if I were let go of my insecurities.