17. Sharing his thoughts

Aditi's point of view

When I came to terrace, Dhruv was sitting on the bench, looking at horizon and lost in his thoughts. I slowly walked to him and sit beside him. He turn his face to me when he noticed my presence beside him but again he turn his head and looked at the same direction which he was looking previously.

We both didn't say anything for sometime and keep looking at the horizon in darkness.

"You will win the best award in poker face."

"Excuse me.." He turn his face and looked at me confusingly when I tried to crack a jock to change his mood.

"Did you just mock me?" He said while lifting up his right eyebrow.

"Wo...actually..I want to.." I stammered in my own voice.

"You know it's a bad jock." He said still in his pocker face.

"I know, I am sorry. I just wanted to lift up your mood." I said apologetically and looked down in embarrassment while tucking a loose strand behind my ear.

I can't believe myself, I just mock Dhruv. What got into me that I cracked such bad joke?

I looked up when suddenly, I heard his soft chuckle. He was grinning while looking at me.

"I am sorry, I was just messing up with you." He said in a soft voice and I aslo smile, seeing him grinning.

"If you don't mind can I ask you something?" I asked him while looking at him with hope that he could answer my question.

"Hmm.." He nodded his head as yes while looking at me.

"From past days, I was noticing that you were tensed of something." I asked him hesitantly.

He was keep looking at me when I asked him the question and there is no emotions on his face. His face expressions are blank and he again thinking of something very deeply. He looked in front of him and sigh.

"As everyone know that I want to be an IAS officer and I am very dedicated towards my dream but this is also the truth that I am son of a middle class father. To become an IAS officer, it takes time and after years of preparations, you still don't know that you will select for the post." He stopped speaking and then turn his head to look at me directly into my eyes.

"Papa already done many things for us. I don't want him to get any burden. I want to support him but to complete my dream I need both money and time. There is lot of government courses application forms are available and NDA (National defense academy.) application form was one of the attractive one." He said while looking at me.

"So you want to join the Indian army?" I aksed him looking at him and he nodded his head as yes.

"To join an India army as an officer, is a dream of evey man in India. This is the thing which confuses me more. To become an IAS officer, I have to wait but if I join NDA, I can serve the nation and support my family at the same time." He said and then looked infront of him. Confusion is clearly visible on his face.

But why he is underestimating himself? I believe in him that he will surly achieve his dream. So what if it takes time but when he finnally achieve his dreams he feels the happiest person in the world.

Maybe not, because I would be the happiest person in the world when he achieve his dream.

Yes, as a science student you have so many options for your future that you got confused, which field you should choose but not for Dhruv. Since I know him, I only know that he wants be an IAS officer and I myself saw him working hard to achieve his dream then what happened now?