22. Diwali

Aditi's point of view

Today is Diwali and whole house was decorated with Flower garlands and lights. Atul bhiya decorated house with lights and I did the other decorations. Other than this, I also made sweets, rangoli and prashad for Pooja.

Tear fell from my right eye when the picture of Dhruv and Priya, hugging eachother come in front of my eyes. Whole day I keep myself busy so I could not think about yesterday's incident. I also didn't go Divya's house so I could not see him and Priya again.

Divya came to my house in morning with Nikhil bhiya and Anuradha aunty to give sweets and gifts.

Thanks to God he did not come because I could not stand in front of him, without shedding a single tear.
When Atul bhiya and mummy went to his house to give sweets, they asked me to accompany him but I declined because I know Priya is also there.

I saw her in morning, went into his house with lots of gifts and sweets.

So whole day I keep myself busy to divert my mind from him because now I don't have any right to like Dhruv because he has someone in his life. If still I love him and want my future with him, it's a sin. But what should I do, there is not a single moment went when I didn't miss him or think about him. It was like, not thinking about him, I commit a sin.

Yes, it was a sin for me not to think about Dhruv, that's how much I love him. He is in every beat of my heart and my heart only takes his name whenever it beats.

It's already evening and I was preparing for evening Pooja.

"You are still here. I thought you are at Divya's place." I wiped my tears immidately when I heard mummy. I was chaopping carrots for salad. She walked inside and took a glass from the shelf. She pored herself a glass of water and then drink it.

"I was busy, preparing for evening Pooja. I will meet her later." I speak in a dull and sadden voice.

Everyone wears new clothes for Diwali but I was wearing my old dress. Because mummy didn't buy for me any new dress and I don't have any saving to buy a dress myself. So I wore a red anarkali suit which was my all time favorite.

"Hmmmm....you can go to her house after Pooja. Her mother told me to send you there." Mummy throw the empty glass in wash basin, for me to wash it. Every Diwali my family visits to Atul bhiya or Papa friend's house for dinner and leave me behind so I could look after the house. I got bore to be alone in festival but from past years I went to Divya's house to celebrate Diwali with them.

"Okey.." I said without looking at her and keep doing my work.

I don't know how I will face him after yesterday's incident. It feels like someone stabbed directly in my heart and it's stop beating for sometime. When I saw Priya in Dhruv's arms, my heart broke and I started having problem in breath. I didn't want cry in front of Dhruv but I couldn't stop my tears. I didn't want to disturb Dhruv and Priya when they were alone in his room. Though many thoughts were eating me from inside thinking that they were alone in a room but when Anuradha aunty asked me to give snacks to both Dhruv and Priya, I couldn't resist her request and went to his room, even though my heart was stopping me.

My heart again proved right and I witnessed the seen which I didn't want to seen, even in my nightmares.

I saw other girl in my Dhruv's arms.

Though his eyes were telling the different story but that time I was too broken to see anything. I ran from there with my broken heart.

But from now on atleast I confirmed one thing, Dhruv can not be mine because he was already someone else.