46. His house

Aditi's point of view

Silence...

I swear silence can hang in the air like ten thousand pounds of dead weight. It's incredible how heavy you can feel when there's is nothing being sad. Like right now. I am with Dhruv inside his car.

He was driving and maybe focusing on it, I am not sure. It's already half an hour passed when he dragged me out from the parry and asked me to come to his house but after that he never said a word. He did not look to my side in past half an hour. There is this thick silence between us but I can tell so much going on in our minds and we both are fighting with our own thoughts.

Silence it's a strong word. It has two meanings. One where there is no single sound and a silence of calmness and second where being silent you keep fighting the inner war inside you. The war with your mind, your own thoughts. This is not the silence of calmness, it gives you headache but is silence love?

The pan of having love as deep as ocean inside you but having to say No! I don't love you, That is silence. But he did ask me. He asked me if I feel same for him, if he like him but he never asked me if I love him if he would I may say the truth.

For me, he is the silence, I never stop thinking of. I closed my mouth and speak to him in a hundred silent ways.

My life's mistake was to think that I will be ok without him.

The is..I am not and I will never be.

I miss him a lot every single day. Every fucking single second.

I was made for him, I was born for him, I love him with all my soul, with all my broken heart.

I don't remember when car came to an halt but when I the chain of my thoughts broke and I came to a reality, Dhruv was standing at my side extending his left hand for me while holding the car door in his right hand.

I looked at his hand and then him. He gave me heart warming smile. I smiled too and hold his hand. I hopped outside the car. Dhruv locked the car and we headed to small house in front of us. This area was far form the main city. There are lots of trees and so much greenery outside. I am sure the nearest village from the city must be mile away from here. I can only see few houses in neighbourhood.

Dhruv is the District Magistrate of the city. State government must have give him bungalow. I wondered why he is living is this rural area where he can live in a full facilities mansion in the main city.

Meanwhile I was wondering about the surroundings, Dhruv opened the main door for us. But as I step inside thw house, the smell of rotten food hit me. I wondered my eyes around the main hall comes livingroom, I saw empty beer bottles, cigarette buds, piles of clothes on the floor, dirty plates were still on the table and the food on it already get the fungus.

"Dhruv, I think we came to the wrong house." I said while looking at the condition of the house. I turn around to go outside but Dhruv hold my hand. I looked at him questioningly when he said,"Aditi, actually we are in the right house." He said sheepishly and rubbed the nape of his neck with his hand. He looked embarrassed and cuet at the same time but I was shocked too.

"What..? You live here?" I asked shockingly and he nodded his head while thinning his lips.

"But how can someone live here? It's...I... It's literally a garbage." I hesitate first but could not stop myself looking at the condition of the house.

"I live here alone." He shrugged his both shoulders like it's not a big deal.

Well not for him because he is the Dhruv Malhotra.