14. Temple

Aditi's point of view

"Aditi...come fast. We gonna be late for the evening prayer." Mummy shouted from downstairs and I hurried my actions.

"Coming mummy.." I shouted back from my room and combed my hair.

Today is Monday and every monday mummy and I visits the temple and join the evening prayer. I got late today because I was studying for my next exam and didn't have the track of the time until mummy come to my room and started yelling at me. It's not my fault tomorrow, I have my chemistry exam and whole universe knows how bad I am in chemistry. But thanks to Raghav's notes, they really helped me to understand the difficult topics.

I take my dupatta from my bed and after tucking it on my shoulders, I run to the downstairs.

When I came to downstairs, mummy was standing near the kitchen and giving me death glares. I looked at her apologetically and went to the kitchen to prepare the arti thaal.

At the time when mummy and I reached the temple, arti already started and mummy was scolding me silently for being late and I continuously apologizing to her because I know it was my fault that we are late for arti.

Mummy and I stood at the back of the hall in the temple because we didn't get a place to stood in front and mummy likes to stand in front of the line so she can see idle of god and goddess clearly.

I believe in god. I am kind of religious type of girl. I always visit temple twice in a week and pray for my love ones especially for my handsome neighbor. I believe god is there when no one is there for you and he always bless his belivers without expecting anything in return.

I closed my eyes, joined my both hands and lost myself in a melodious arti of Maa Durga.

Bhagwan ji...(dear god), I don't know what should I ask you because you gave me everything. My family they don't love me much but I am happy that atleast you gave me a beautiful family and I couldn't ask much. Please keep my family happy and healthy and Arun bhiya get success in his career.

As you know my prayers are incomplete without praying for him.

My handsome neighbor..

Dhruv..

Please help him to achieve his goals. I won't ask you for my happiness just make him happy, relived him from all the pain which he was holding inside him, give my all happiness to him and his sorrow to me.

He will always be in my prayers and I never forget to pray for him.

I prayed for him from the heart and asked his happiness from God.

When I open my eyes slowly, arti was already finished and mummy wasn't beside me. She was stood beside Pandit ji (priest) and asking him something. I also joined her and then I came to know that mummy was asking for Atul bhiya's well being.

I wish Atul bhiya come home before Diwali because I am missing him terribly. Though I know he won't talk to me but I will be happy to seeing him at home after so long. Mummy also missed him so much and did a face time with him every night. Papa was also with her and did face time to Atul bhiya and talk atleast a hour to him. I also wanted to joined them but mummy always keep me busy with house chores when both mummy and papa talk to Atul bhiya. But there was always a smile on my face when I saw mummy and papa talk to Atul bhiya happily.

After talking with Pandit ji (priest) for sometime, we both took our leave from temple.

"Bhawna ji.." Mummy and I both turned when someone called mummy. Dhruv's mummy, Anuradha aunty walking towards us. She was holding a arti thaal and walking towards us from inside the temple.