99. His memories

Aditi's point of view

Have you ever been in love?

If not, I will advise you to do it. Yes, it makes your life easier but it make you so vulnerable. It opens your chest and heart giving permission to a stranger to get inside and mess you up. You build up all this defence and thick walls around your heart and get your armour uo but still someone managed to get into your life, do all stupid things, make you smiles when you are alone, only thinking about them, and then one day that someone do something stupid, they kiss you and then your life isn't yours. You just want to be around that person who cherish you with flowers and smiles at you for your stupid things but then people around you starts getting jealous of you. They don't want to see you together and then they started playing cheap tricks to separate you. You try to ignore them but eventually things started falling aparts and finally the day has come when you have to say the final goodbye to your someone.

It hurts I know but that's the beauty of love. You can not know how much you love that someone until you feels their absence in your life and what a void they create in your heart. After that you will give your hundred percent to that relationship and then no one can separate you.

You realize how much you really miss someone until something good or bad happened. You wanted to share the news to that person who was not there.

I miss Dhruv...so much that it hurts to not be with him. Every time I only think about him. It's more than a month I left him with a letter and I know it tore him apart but I have to be away from him so he could not have to feel that absence of his family which I feel almost everyday. Sometimes the urge of seen him was so high that I was so close to go to his office and hug him but everytime I take my step back because I don't want his mother to disown him. Dhruv have a beautiful family and I am no one to snatch that from him.

Dhruv, I know you are also restless as I am here. I know, you can't sleeps in night and everytime miss me in your arms. Dhruv, do you know, having you in my life is truly a blessing and I cherish it everyday. Our bond is unbreakable, even in the face of distance.

I miss you Dhruv.

I miss you dearly.

I wish one day we could meet again. Maybe is some other life but my love I want to spend one more day with you.

"Aditi, order for table no.13.", I wiped my tears when a girl from the kitchen passes me the tray of full of food and asked me to give it to the table no. 13.

I took the tray from her and walked towards table no.13, still lost in Dhruv's thought.

After leaving Dhruv's house, I was miserable. I don't have a place to stay. For whole week I stayed in the temple but letter on I got the job as a waitress in a local restaurant in the old city Lucknow. I only get 8000 rs. per month and I got a house nearby in a very cheap rate which costs 2000rs. to me. This restaurant open for 24×7 so we worked here in three shifts. My shift starts from 10.00 A.M to 6 p.m.

Anuradha aunty let me take my books with me. I am still preparing for UPSC. Dhruv and I may not be living together but I know Dhruv wants me a civil servent and I am going to be the one. He saw this dream for me and I am going to full fill it for him. So everyday I woke up at 4 and study till 9 in the morning and after completing my shift I study till late night. I only got 4 or 5 hours sleep and if I need an internet for study, I went to the nearby cyber cafe and the owner charges 600 rupees per month from me to let me use internet. Prelims is near by and I don't want to give any excuse to myself of not clearing it.

I have to do this for my Dhruv and I am promising him that I will be the civil servent one day just like him.

"Thankyou...", I served the food to the table no.13 where the newly wedded couple was sitting and seeing them feeding each other, reminds me Dhruv. We both also used to feed each-other when we are alone. A lone tear make its way down to my cheeks and I wiped it before anyone can see it.