42. The war

Dhruv's point of view

It's already 8:30 when I reached my parent's house. After meeting I went to my house and took a long shower before coming here. When I reached my parent's house, Priya's family still not arrived and I feel relieved.

As I entered the main hall cum living room, a two year old Reyansh run towards me calling me chachu in his gibberish language and my lips automatically turn up into a smile.

"Chachu..." He raised up his hands telling me to pick him in my arms. I bend down to his level and picked him up in my arms.

"How are you junior Nikhil Malhotra?" I asked him playfully. I don't like kids because of my fucked up childhood and I don't want anyone to go through it but he is my elder brother's baby and I am going to love it like my baby if I ever had. No matter how are our relationship now but deep down we still care for each other.

He could not speak anything other than his gibberish words which I can not understand.

"Reyansh don't trouble your Chahu." Nikita bhabhi came from kitchen while wiping her hands to her saree pallu and behind her mummy was following. Seeing her, Reyansh forward his hands to Nikita bhabhi. Bhabhi smiled and took him in her arms from me.

"Good evening bhabhi..." I greeted her.

"Good evening Dhruv." She said and leaned to my ear.

"Be careful, mummy is angry with you." She teased but I nodded my head curtly as bhabhi doesn't know the silent war between me and Mummy.

Distance created between me and my family from past years or I make my distance from them but since then this marriage topic bring into my life the distance between me and my family is larger than before as no one ready to understand me.

Mummy cleared her throat, demanding the attention. I wished her evening and went forward to touch her feet. She gave me blessings and took me in a motherly hug which can melts everyone's heart. My mother 8s not a bad woman. She just live me too much that she can't understand where my happiness lies.

"Look at you, you lost the weight. You are not taking care of yourself." Mummy said while running her both hands on my head messing with my hair.

"Don't worry mummy, the dishes you made today's dinner make him gain at least 2 kg." Nikhil said while approaching us and beside him papa was walking.

Nikhil and I both shared the brotherly hug and I touched papa's feet. He also hugged me and gave me blessings.

"Where is Divya?" I asked when everyone come to meet me except her.

"Must be getting ready. She is so excited for your marriage more than you." Nikhil rolled his eyes and Nikita bhabhi slapped on his chest playfully to stop making fun of his own little sister.

I so wanted to shouted on everyone's face that I not excited for the marriage, I don't want but I choose to shut my mouth as I don't want to spoil anyone's mood right now when everyone's looking happy.

"Dhruv, bhiya..." Divya run to me while shouting my name in happiness. She hugged me and I hold her hand to push her aside as I don't like of being touched or hugged by anyone except her.

"Finally you came, I thought you are going to be late in your own engagement date fixing." She said and everyone's laughed on her stupid joke except it.

"Okay, now it's enough let him come inside." Finally papa invited me inside. We all went inside and Nikitha bhabhi went to her room to breastfeed Reyansh as he started crying.

"Dhruv come with me..." Nikhil indicated me to the study and I follow him there.

*****

"Do you remember when was the last time you visited us." Nikhil made two glass of whiskey and asked me while giving one glass to me. I hold the glass and lean to the railing. We both are in the balcony of study room and having a brother talk.