84. Ignoring me

Aditi's point of view

It's been a month since then the riots happen. It's been a month I have hurted my leg and Dhruv took a good care of me but things has changed in this month. Dhruv was distant from me. He talked less and never initiated a conversion. From past month he didn't even kiss me and do any flirting.

My leg was fully healed but I feel this empty hole in my heart because of the lack of attention from Dhruv. I get used to his flirting and kisses. I don't know where I get wrong, what I have done but he is not talking to me. Every time I tried to talk to him, he just ignore me or give a short answers. He stopped cuddling me in nights.

I heard the car sirens and I immediately went to the kitchen eindow which gave the clear view to the outside of the main gate. Dhruv stepped out from the car and without giving last greetings he walked towards the main door of dinning area. He looked tired. There were no expressions on his face. It feels like ge didn't sleep for days. I don't know what happened to him but looking at him, it feels like he was feeling alone.

I pore a cold water in a glass and walked outside from the kitchen to the dinning area where everyone was sitting and having their evening tea and snacks. Dhruv was sitting on the couch beside Anuradha aunty without any expression and he was pressing his head with his thumb and forefinger.

"Water..." He noticed my presence when I stood beside him and offered him a water.

Without even sparring a glance to me he took a glass of water and drink it last drop. When he handed back the glass to me our fingers brushed. Again I feel the same sparks whenever he touched me. I looked at him intensely but he ignore me like nothing happened.

"Excuse me...."

and just like that he leave from there without saying anything to me.

*******

I came back to the kitchen and made a sandwich and black coffee for him. I hope this coffee could lift up his mood. I don't know if it's because of work or something else I just want my Dhruv back.

I make my way to the upstairs with a smile on my face. Today I am dedicated to make him talk to me. I just want to know what is going on inside his mind but when I reached inside our room everything was shattered. Books, clothes, my stationary everything was shattered in the floor and what scared me the most was Dhruv was looking something in a drawer with haste like he was looking something. He was sweating and he was feeling restless.

"Dhruv...." I whispered his name.

He got startled with my presence. I got scared when he turn to looked at me. His face was all red and sweat was dripping from his face like he just washed it. His eyes were blood shot red and they were glistening.

"Dhruv..." I put the tray on a table and went to him but seeing me coming near to him he stepped back.

"Dhruv are you okay." Ignoring him I went close to him and put my hand on his shoulder. I was worried for him. I have seen him like this before marriage when we went for meeting with chief minister and he had a panick attack all of a sudden. He covered his both eyes with his palms like he was feeling irritated with my presence.

"Just go away..." He whispered under his breath.

"No, I won't. You need me." I refused to listen to him. I put my hand on his heart and it was beating like crazy.

"Aditi, I said go away." He again whispered under his breath. He still covering his eyes with his palm. He still feeling uneasy and irritated with my presence.

"I am sorry but I can't." I removed his hands from his eyes and our eyes met.

His eyes were filled with unshaded tears and they were red. He looked broken and shattered. I remember the day when I had my worst period and panick attack hit me, I also pushed Dhruv away from me but he was the one who didn't let me go and be with me in my worst period. Today he is vulnerable and I needed to be with him. Looking at him like this my eyes also filled with tears.