112. Moving to our peradise

Aditi's point of view

It's 7 in the evening. Sky was turning dark and street lights were on. All trees and bushes were swinging in the soft breez and I was standing in my kitchen near the window chopping the vegitables for the dinner.

The thing I love most in this place was the greenery all around the area and less population. This small rental house of me and Dhruv give me the calmness. Sometimes few aunties from our neighborhood invited me for the evening tea and I enjoyed their company. They asked me about my marrital life or what I cook in dinner for my beloved husband and when we are planning for the babies. No one knows in the area that Dhruv is the district magistrate as everyone from here have shop and jobs in private sector. They just know that Dhruv is a high ranked government officer as goverment cars came here to pick him.

He live alone here and never intract to anyone before I come into his life. Even one aunty confessed that many girls from this locality have secret crush on Dhruv and cried for days when they came to know that he got marry to you. Dhruv also don't stop me to get friendly with our neighbours aunties as after he got busy in his work and I got tired from my studies atleast I have a small company to enjoy.

All anties got shocked when thwy came to know that Dhruv and I have a love marriage which was half true. I also tell them we used to live in neighbours in Saharanpur where I developed a secret crush on him. I also told them that Dhuv is encouraging me to prepare for government exams which they all appreciated and share their stories how they wanted to study further but couldn't as their family and husband didn't support them.

I took the potato from the vegitables basket and started pilling it with piller knife.

Speaking of studies my prilims result came out and I cleared it. Dhruv was the one who checked my result for me. He was at his office when he checked my result. I got upset when I came to know that I just got passing marks. One question wrong and I was out of the UPSC race. Dhruv encouraged me and asked me work hard in mains as prilims is just a qualifying exam for mains.  Dhruv hired a maid who does house chores but I cook the food for him as he likes food only cooked by me and I love the feeling to cook food for my husband.

The day of testimony was tough but what happened after that, has completely shocked me. Rahul and other rapist were matched naked from court to the police station by an masked man. The news was all over the media and internet. Some are praising him that he served the justice to the girl and some are opposing his actions but majority was on his side.
He had become a super hero in every one's eyes and they believe that every rapist should be treated like this only. Everyone wanted to know the face of that stranger but I don't know I feel that it was Dhruv. His eyes, they were the same eyes I have fallen in love alomst 12 years ago. How could I not recognise him but I jever asked about it Dhruv and he also didn't mention anything about it.

I don't know if it was right or wrong but I somewhere feel satisfaction that finally they felt what they made me feel when they raped me. For me I got my justice and it was only possible because of Dhruv.

Ting-Tong

I put the knife aside and went to open the door when door bell ring. I wiped my hands with my dupatta while walking towards the door. I slide down the door latch and opened the door. Dhruv was standing in-front of me with his charming smile.

"Hii.."

"Hiii...",  I smiled back to him and move aside to let him in. He came inside and I closed the door, locking it with latch.

"Here are the things you have asked me to bring.", He handed me few hand bags. I have asked him to bring some fruits and vegetables in his way back to home.