53. The painful goodbye

Dhruv's point of view

Happiness...

This is the word I have never know the meaning of or you should say this word never existed in my dictionary but now I can write a whole book on it.

Because happiness is spending the day with someone special and holding that person really close.

Just like my beautiful neighbour.

Aditi...

She makes my world special just being in it. Today's my birthday and I don't think this made the day special for me, be Aditi with me makes the day special for me.

I took her to mall and we watched the movie together. This is the first time I watched movie with someone. I don't know what movie was about or what's its name because whole the time I was looking at her. you must have look at her face when she was watching the movie, she had that glint on her face like a child have when he got his favourite candy.

She was looking at the movie and I was looking at her.

I intertwined our fingers and hold her hand. A smile crept on her face when she looked at our joining hands and then me. She gave me a smile and turn her face on the other direction to the other side to hide her blush as she can not blame the sun now because it's already dark.

Holding hands like a couple, I never think I would do that and the person, would be Aditi give a butterflies in my
stomach. A soft grin came onto my face and right now I just wanted to took her in my arms and talk to her all night till sun again come into the sky.

"Dhruv I wanted to play this game." Her face shine like a bulb when she was pointing towards the shooting balloons game. I bring her to the Lucknow Mahotsav which held every year in Lucknow. It feels childish to come into a fair but I want to do every single childish thing with her.

"Okay..." I said with a smile and took her where she was pointing.

When we reached the booth, already a couple was playing that game. Lots of balloons were sticking on the moving wheel and you have to shoot every balloon to win the gift. I gestured to the booth owner and he filled the rifle with small iron bullets. Aditi took the rifles which I guess was heavy for her because she was having a problem of holding it. At the same time another girl also picked the rifle and looked at Aditi in a competitive manner and smirked. I looked at her boyfriend who has the same look as her girlfriend. Aditi looked at me and I gestured her to go on.

Aditi loaded the gun and both girls started shooting the balloons. That girl missed some shots and was slow shooting the balloons but Aditi she was shooting balloons faster than her and didn't miss any shots. First round finished, Aditi shots all balloons and the girl have some left on her wheel which means Aditi won the first round. But I have noticed one thing, Aditi was massaging her right hand with her left hand. Of course, Aditi has Anaemia, she has gain some weight but she is still weak.

"You okay..?" I asked her in concern.

"Yeah, just a little pain. I'll be fine in a minute." She smiled.

Meanwhile booth owner replaced the new wheel full of balloons. This time Aditi herself filled the bullets in the riffle. That girl looked little angry with Aditi but she ignore that girl like she was not standing beside her and having a competition. I suppressed my smile to see the jealous face of that girl and seeing my girl acting cool.

Game starts again and again Aditi took the lead but game gone from Aditi's hand when rifle slipped from Aditi's hand and on the other side that girl's boyfriend help his girlfriend to shoot the balloons which iricks me because the game is between the girls and it should be between them no matter if one of them loose. I was about to say something but Aditi stopped me and shake her head as no.
She again hold the rifle and started shooting the balloons but as usual she loose because of some cheaters on the other side.