56. The Phone call

Dhruv's point of view

Family...

Family is the one, you always want to go back after your tiring day. Where you get love and care and it brings smile on your face when everyone loves you and can do anything for you because you are the family to them. But some of the most poisonous people come disguised as friends and family.

The saddest thing about betrayal is that it never comes from your enemies. It comes from friends and loved ones, especially when it comes from your family.

Aditi never know what is the meaning of being a part of family because her family never think her as one. I always see the craving in her eyes to get the love from her parents and her only brother. The girl I have known from my childhood who has the little crush on me is lost somewhere and the girl I have feelings for is now completely broken.

My car stopped in-front of a cottage along with my convoy. I don't want to bring my convoy here but I decided to directly visit this place after I get free from work. One of my guard open the door for me and I step down from the car.

This place is at the end of the city and from here forest start of Dehradun. I can see only few more cottage like this in neighbourhood. I rang the doorbell and around three year old little boy open the door for me while sucking his lollipop.

"Who are you?" He asked me while looking at me with his big doe eyes.

"Are your parents at home?" I asked him.

"My papa is still in office but my mom is at home." He said in his baby voice.

"Can you call her for me?" I asked looking down to him.

"It depends if she wants to come or not." He shrugged his shoulders and then keep sucking his lollipop. I would have smile to him if I have the normal day but I am not in mood to smile to any one not even a toddler after my encounter with Atul.

"Rudra, How many times I have told you not to open the door." Almost a nine month pregnant woman came, calling her toddler name. Her eyes fell on mine. She came forward pushing her toddler behind her while he keep looking at me with curiosity from behind her mom.

"How may I help you?" She asked me while keeping her one hand on door and another on her belly to protect her unborn baby.

"I am Atul's friend. He asked me to meet him at his house." I have to lie if I want to know what happened to my Aditi in her past that she broke her completely.

She knitting her eyebrows in confusion.

"But he didn't tell me anything." She asked me in confusion.

"We just made plans half an hour ago. He may forget to inform you." I don't know about my this hidden talent that I can lie fluently.

"Yeah.. Please come inside." She opens the door for me and let me in. As I entered the house, I introduced with the living room. It was all furnished with beautiful lights hanging on the ceiling. Atul's wife excused herself and went to a room which I guessed the kitchen till then I was looking to the accessories which was hanging on the wall.

Atul's company must be paying him well. Here he is living a luxurious life and there Aditi was living a shit life where she barely get food. My eyes roam around the living room exploring pictures of Aditi's parents and her brother. There are pictures of Atul's marriage and his first born. In those pictures everyone was present except her even the family was also present in the family picture with whom Aditi is living right now. That means all the time they know where is Aditi and must be aware of her condition but still they let her live with those monsters.