35. Friends

Aditi's Point of view

It's been three weeks since Dhruv walked out from the cafeteria furiously. After that he is not talking to me. He did not asked me for lunch after that day. He make his distance from me and barely called me in cabin if it's urgent but all the time he keep his professional posture when he talked about work.

In these past weeks I came to know that Dhruv works at late night. I don't know when he left for his home because I left the office at 6:00 p.m.

I accompanied him in many events and government sights but we always maintained our intern and boss positions. The best thing is, I learnt many things during this period, Dhruv made sure of it but the worst part is, it pains my heart when he ignored me and did not talk to me other than work.

This is what I want because it's best for him. I don't want to drag him in my messy life. But why should I do with my heart which always craved for his attention.

It's already a lunch time and everyone is at the cafeteria except me and the person I love, who is still in his cabin buried himself in files. I think many time to apologise to him but every time I step back. Everything is fucked up around and the only person I love is now angry with me.

I was staring at the pen in hand from past fifteen minutes. This is the third pen I stole from Dhruv's cabin because one pen only work for one week and I don't have money to buy a pen. I always borrow it or find extra one in the library, I make my notes on practical notebook which gone waste after the practical exams of the semester. I passed my two years of graduation like this.

I know I am thief but I hope Dhruv could not suspect me for his lost pens. I don't want to be degrade myself in front of him.

My chest felt heavy when I reminded his ignorance towards me. He did not even spare a glance towards me in past weeks. I got up from my chair and walked out from the main building to get some fresh air. I took a deep breath when warm breeze hit my face. There were no one in the front yard and the calmness of the nature directly reaching to me.

I am tired. Fatigueness consuming my body reminding me that today is the first day of my maturation cycle and my stomach is hurting like someone was kicking me from inside my lower abdomen. I used to have abdomen pain in my periods since they started but before the pain was bearable but now as the time pass and the way I treated in past years it effected my periods and now the pain is worst and it last for three days.

It's really painful that I could barely stand for a minute but I have to as I need a distraction from the cold behaviour of Dhruv. I know it's my fault but it's best for him if he stay away from me and my life but what should I do with my heart.

Why I love him so much that it hurts?

"Hello..hello..Aditi Tripathi." My eyes went wide in horror when I recognised the voice and my heart started beating faster when I saw the person standing in front of me, confirming my fear.

Karan Saxena was standing before me with his creepy smirk.

At once I loved to hear my full name but now I hate put Tripathi after me. I hate my surname. I use my surname in my certificates and I already hated it. If it's in my hand I would live to change my surname. But here my surname is not the concern.

"Karan, What a...ar..are you do..doing here?" I asked him in my trembling voice.

"You remember my name? I thought you forget me." He mocked me and then continue, "Well, As you asked I came here to check on you. It's been long when he heard about you. I thought to update him but before I want to check on you."

My heart was beating fast against my rib cage when he mentioned Rahul. He is still a fresh nightmare to me
He still haunts me in my dreams.

"What he want from me. Isn't it enough for him, He already ruined my life. I was abandoned by my family because of him." My tears were threatened to escape from my eyes but I can't lose in front of him that easily.