19. My family

Aditi's point of view

'Slap..'

The sound of slap echoed in whole livingroom and my face turn into right side while I cup my right cheek when I got a slap from Atul bhiya. My eyes were red because of continuously weeping and because of the slap fat tears streamed out from my both eyes. I sobbed loudly not because of the physical pain which I just feel, I cried because again my family fails to understand me and they punished me by gifting me a tight slap.

Today I told Atul bhaiya and mummy, what Rahul did to me. How he touched me inappropriately and tried to kiss me but instead of punishing him, Atul bhiya slapped me and mummy was glaring at me like I commit a sin by complaining of Rahul.

"How could you think like that about Rahul?" Atul bhiya asked me while greeting his teeth and fisted his hands in ball.

"But bhiya last night, he came to my room and tried to molest me." I said between my sobs and tears.

Suddenly mummy took her slippers from her leg and walked towards me furiously. I looked at her in shock and turn my back to her when she hit my back with her slippers many time.

"Mummy..Please don't..it's hurting..aahh.." I chocked into my tears and pleading her to leave me when she keep hitting me from her slippers.

"Aahh.." I squealed in pain when mummy fisted my hair from my scalp and make me face to her.

I put my hand on her to loosened her grip but more I tried more she tightened her grip on my hair. I was looking at her with my teary red eyes, begging her silently to leave me but her venomous glare makes me to gulp my words inside my throat.

"You worth less girl, I won't leave you today." Mummy also give me tight and painful slap that I hit on the wall and fell on the floor.

My body started shaking because, I was crying and sobbing while holding my left shoulder which hit the wall when mummy pushed me harshly. Fat tears escaping from my eyes indicating the both physical and metal pain which my family occured to me.

"He is my best friend for past five years and I know him very well. He can't do anything like this. I'm sure you seduced him and when he didn't fell in your trap, you accused him." I looked at Atul bhiya in shock and with disappointment when he said such things.

It wasn't a shock for me that he believe in a outsider instead of her sister but I never thought, he think such low of me.

Why Atul bhaiya think, I seduced Rahul?

Why would I do that? He is the one who is always behind me and molested me but yesterday he crossed his limits. When someone molested and harrassed a girl, she come to her family and asked them to protect her and punish the person who molested her. But where should I go. Here, my family is accusing me that I seduced my molester.

No one is here to protect me.

How unlucky I am?

"Bhiya, he is a imposter. He is.."

"Shut up you ungrateful girl. Another word from your mouth against Rahul, I will bury you alive in the ground." Mummy cut me in a mid sentence and I broked into loud sob when she hit me with her elbows on my back.

"Mum..mummy...pl..Please...sto...stop." I pleaded to her and put my hand on my back where she keep beating me.

"Mummy stop..." Atul bhiya pulled mummy back and for one second I thanked him inside my my mind but next second he hold my chin tightly and make me look to him. I blinked and more tears escaped from my eyes and I hiccup looking at Atul bhiya with my teary eyes.