20. Siddhath-Preeti

Aditi's point of view

I wiped the lone tear which escaped from my right eye without my permission. I looked into my reflection in the mirror and saw a girl who is weak and unwanted. Who is worthless unlovable to her family. My eyes are red due to crying from last four days and not a single sole from my family asked about me.

If I am okay or not.

If I had eaten anything or not.

I took my silver earrings from the dressing table and wore them. They are perfectly matched to my silver gray, embroidery lehnga which mummy bought for me after so many requests by me two years back at my cousin's wedding. I literally beg to her to buy me this.

The speciality of this dress that it have the multi color over the dark color unlike my life which only have the dark color

The speciality of this dress that it have the multi color over the dark color unlike my life which only have the dark color. It is that much dark that you barely see any color in it. After Rahul's incident, I locked myself in room and cried till I lost my consciousness. I let myself drown into the darkness and pushed everyone away from me.

Even I blocked my handsome neighbor to reach me.

I don't know what will I do to myself if Dhruv didn't come in time that day and rescued me from that monster. But after that I didn't treated him well. I can clearly saw into his eyes that he wanted to stop me and talk to me. Concern and worry for me, were clearly visible in his eyes.

Nobody ever supported me like he did on that day. I feel safe and protected around him but I was so broken and shock to realized anything. I was happy that I was safe for getting molested in public. I didn't realize that I hurt Dhruv by running from him without saying anything and let myself drown in my own misery. From past days I closed my room's window because I want to stay away from this cruel world and when I became sober, it's already Preeti's sister's wedding. I tuck my dupatta in my right shoulder and walked out from the room before mummy start yelling at me for being late.

When I came to downstairs everyone was ready except Atul bhiya. He was still in his room. I looked at mummy and she averted her gaze from me while Papa was talking on the phone, may be calling for the taxi. We don't own the car so whenever we attend any function or go somewhere together, Papa rented a car.

I stood on the corner of the porch and waited for Atul bhiya. After five minutes Atul bhiya also come downstairs, talking on his phone and grinning ear to ear but he hang up and put the phone in his trousers pocket when he see us, waiting for him.

"My son is looking like a prince." Mummy said hugging Atul bhiya. If it's me who gets late or make her wait she surely scold me for that. I pushed all negative thoughts away because I don't want to drown myself in sorrow again.

"Car is here. We should go. " Papa said when car arrived on our door step.

"Aditi locked the house and give the keys to Divya's house till then we are waiting for you. Don't get late." I nodded my head and locked the house.