40. The tie

Dhruv's point of view

Life has been changed since I met Aditi again. I started feel live again like my life gave me the reason to live it again. All the while I was thinking about my pain and about my messed up childhood. I was mourning for the pain, I buried deep inside me for years but I never think there is someone who's life is more fucked up than me.

At least I have supportive family but she doesn't even have one. Her family abandoned her and threw her between animals but still she tried to living her life and working hard to make it better. If she wants she could accept my help but she didn't because she still holds the pride even though she is broken beyond the repair.

I have never see such girl ever in my life who does not give up after going through the series of tortures. She falls, tried to gave up by taking her life but never quit. But I know she can't suffer this journey alone. She need someone who could hold her hand and help her to complete this journey of her life and I want to become that person in her life.

Have you ever heard that someone become so much important in your life that it is hard to imagine your life without that person?

Aditi become that person in my life. She gave me the purpose to live and now as day passing it's becoming hard to imagine my life without her. I am still finding what I feel for for? What is the bond we share? What kind of relationship we had because after yesterday we sure are not friends. Friends does not do what we did yesterday, specifically me.

It was me who initiated the move. It was me who made her sit on my lap and kissing her on her neck. I was turn on and I want to do more. We were so closed to each other and our lips our just an inch away if the door bell didn't ring on time. I had never desired for any girl in these past years but yesterday I was about to have my first kiss with my beautiful neighbour.

I don't know why I wanted to kiss her again and again and want to be her in my arms when she is around. I felt hurt and pain when she deny that she is no longer have crush on me.

Was I expecting her to have crush on me?

I am still confused about my feeling towards her.

It just friendship or more than that?

Ring...Ring....

I stopped doing push-ups and got up from the floor when my phone started ringing. I took the towel from the chair and pick my phone from the table while wiping out my sweat from my hair. It was from Nikhil. But before I could pick up it got cut but soon after I received the text from him.

Nikhil- Come home tonight, everyone wants to fix the engagement date of you and priya.

For seconds, I forgot that, I betrothed to someone. But everyone is behind me when I literally told everyone that I don't want to marry priya. I don't feel anything for her. Moreover I am not ready for the marriage. Priya and I both poles apart. She would not be happy with me.

Dhruv- I am not in the city.

I typed and text back. I lied to hi and I hope Nikhil buy that lie of mine because I have important work to do. I put my phone on charger and went to bathroom for shower.

****

I came out from shower and changed into pair of dark jeans and dark shirt. I will join office after noon as I have the meeting outside the office and I already told Shastri ji not to send car for me and bring Aditi to the meeting direct.

As I took out my phone from charger, I received one more message from Nikhil.

Nikhil- I am your elder brother. Don't try to fool me. I know you are in the city. Bring your ass here other wise I have to tell mummy.