58. Taking a step ahead

Aditi's point of view

My heart was racing fast as my pen was working on the notebook, writing my answer. I checked the time in classroom watch and it could not help already my racing heart only racing it in a great pace. I have to hurry, only five minutes left and I still have to write the last answer. I can hear the whispered noises in the classroom.

"Silence everyone..." This is the third time invigilator asked students to stay quiet but no one listens as only last five minutes left and every wants to ask the answer to the another student which they don't know. Someone was poking my back with their pen, must be wants to ask me the answer of some question but I ignore her request as I am still writing the answer of my last question.

Finally the final bell rang and invigilator start collecting the answer sheet of everyone. Thanks to the person who arranged my roll number on the second last of the last raw. I hurried my pen, writing in a running writing. I am going to give the award to my teacher who will understand my writing because I myself don't know what I was writing. I was just writing what comes into my mind about the topic which was asked.

I am not a topper and I don't want to be. I am just an average student and I am happy with that fact. I don't need extra attention on me but since I win the internship in magistrate office, people started recognising me. I know it's not a small thing to win the internship in magistrate office, especially when you are going to work under the District Magistrate. It something people wants in their life especially in the course I was perusing but it brings unnecessary attention to me. I was happy to be unknown to everyone in my college.

I write the last sentence and put a full stop when a invigilator snatched the answer sheet from me. I took breath of relaxation when I finally finished my paper on time. Students talking each other asking about their exams. Some was happy because this is the last exam of this semester and some were upset because their exam didn't go well as they were expected and usually they were toppers. I bring my things and started walking towards the exit gate.

Karan and his friends gossiping near the bike and passing comments every single girl who was passing through them. Now days he stopped bothering me but whenever his eyes met with mine he did not forget to give me a death glare like he was giving me some kind of hidden warning.

It's three weeks when I saw him last. I won't deny that I don't miss him. It would be a lie to myself because my heart know that I am in love with him and there would be no single second when I don't miss him. He should be here by last week but Raghav told me he delay his trip one more week for some official work and hearing that update about him upsets me. I didn't write a letter to him after the phone call where we both broke down though his man waited for me everyday to receive my letter until I asked him not to come. I don't know why I took this decision but I know this is need. It gave us time to think properly about us if there is any.

Sometimes I feel I know him but sometimes I feel I know nothing about him. He is a mystery, hiding so many things deep down in his heart. Sometimes I want to confess my love to him but I stop myself somehow because I don't want to force myself on him. I don't want to ruin his life, I don't want to loose what we have.

Students are enjoying because of the last exam and I was not looking anywhere, just walking blankly with so many thoughts of him. Suddenly my eyes fell on the car and my heart stops beating and I feel I could have heart attack at any moment. But it was not just the which could stop beating my heart.

It was him who was standing with his hands in his jeans and leaning to the car, looking handsome as always. I am seeing him after three weeks and it feels like ages passed when we both met. He looked fresh and shaved but his eyes looks tired with same hidden pain which he never shared with me. He straighten himself when his eyes fell on me. There was not smile on his face but his eyes told everything.