77. Saharanpur

Aditi's point of view

Saharanpur,

The place I had born 23 years ago, the place where I have been grown up from the day I opened my eyes. This is the place when I saw him first time, this is the place where I fell in love with my handsome neighbour.

This place had given me so much, my so called family, my so called parents, my best friend Divya, a brother like Raghav and him. There is so many memories about this place I am attached with. I have spent my childhood here, no matter how worst it was but this place have a different place in my heart.

This city witnessed my tears, my smile, my love for him everything. This city knows me batter than anyone. But I don't know where I got wrong that this city snatched everything from me, my dignity, my self respect everything and just throw me like I was nothing for it.

A lone tear drop from my eyes, looking at these same streets and lanes, I am entering after almost 9 years.

"You okay?"

I wipped my tear and smiled looking at Dhruv who was driving the car. I hold his hand which was on my thighs and assured him. He put back his hand on the steering wheel again.

"How much time it will take to reach Preeti's house?" I asked.

Today Dhruv and I came to Saharanpur to attend Preeti and Siddharth's wedding. We got late as we woke up late in the morning and has to buy a wedding gift for Preeti and Siddharth. I don't know how Preeti will change but I have a image of her same innocent and beautiful girl. I hope her would be husband Siddharth adore her innocence and love her the way she is.

"We are almost here." He turn the steering wheel to the right side and I can see tents, garlands and whole set-up of wedding. I was so excited to meet the girl I am fond of.

****

When we reached Preeti's home, we were welcomed by her parents and siblings. Everyone knows who is Dhruv and why not he was the topper of UPSC civil services of his batch and when someone top the most difficult exam of India, no matter if the person still lives in the city, everyone knows. He was all over the newspapers when he top the exam.

I was unaware of his fame till I started following UPSC pages. He is pretty famous.

Preeti's mom send me to Preeti's room and her cousin Puja show me her room while Dhruv stay with Preeti's siblings and jiju. Without knocking the door we entered inside the room ans there were already many ladies giving final touch up to their makeup but my eyes only stop to the girl who was sitting on the bed in a bridal avatar, bending her eyes lower. Her natural blush failed the make-up artist's fake blush. Indeed she was looking adorable. Years ago I had seen her when she was just a teenager and now she is grown to a beautiful woman but time could not snatch her innocence away.

I don't know what is she feeling right now because I was scared and fright at my wedding day till Dhruv come and make me his bride. But she must be nervous right now. I can see her chest heaving up and down. She was trying to calm herself.

"Preeti di.." She lifted her eyes and looked at the girl who was standing beside me. I forgot, she was her cousin Puja.

"You friend from your school come to meet you." Her cousin introduce me to her but she was looking at me with confusion from her beautiful orbs. I smiled and walked to her.

"Hi, I am Aditi. We met in our school. I also came to Shivani di and Aniti jiju wedding." I introduced myself and tried to remind her about me.

"Aditi Tripathi...?" She asked in confusion. I chuckled softly and shake  my head, ignoring the pang of pain, I feel putting my old surname behind my name.