78. The Old School

Aditi's point of view

It's morning,

It's difficult to say if it's good or bad. Maybe it's bad because when I wake up in the morning, I didn't find Dhruv beside me. I have tried his phone but he forget it here, in the house so I don't have anything to contact him.

I could not make breakfast and we don't have grocery. Dhruv must be hungry by the time he came back. I don't have anything to do so I took my online classes and studied after showering. But now I am here standing in the same window which faced my old room and the main gate of my so called parents house.

Every time tears brim to my eyes when they fall on my old house. Many memories attached to it. I born in this house, grown there, find my first love there but some bitter memories are also attached to this house. The scene come back in front of my eyes again when Akhil bhiya throw me outside in-front of whole neighbourhood and disowned me and again it wet my eyelashes with tears.

Sometimes, I thought what will happen to me if Dhruv would not come back to my life and gave me the hope. I may die long ago. There would be no Aditi.

Suddenly the door open if my old house and a figure came out from the house. I look closely and it was my so called mother who gave a birth to me and behind her was my father. I looked to my right and saw a truck was parked there and my so called brother Atul was giving instructions to the labours to unload things.

Yesterday the house was closed then how, suddenly my old family showed to this place and why they unloading things like they are shifting here. Tears welled up in my eyes seeing my so called mother who always loathe me because I was a girl. I cursed to my fate that I have born in this family.

"Aditi... breakfast." I wiped my tears and a smile came to my lips when I heard Dhruv's voice from downstairs.

"Where did you leave early in the morning?" I asked while getting down from the downstairs while he was unpacking our breakfast from the bags.

"Walk up early. So thought to have a walk. I bring breakfast for both of us on my way back home." He said while licking his thumb and set on the couch. He gestured me with his eyes to sit beside him. I smiled and sit beside him.

"You forget you phone here?" I asked and he smiled.

"Why..? Were you missing me?" He out his right hand behind me on the couch and smirk looking at me.

My cheeks turn red. Now days he do flirts with me a lot and makes my cheeks red.

"Just wanted to know if my husband run away after getting bore of me." I shrugged my shoulders.

He chuckled softly and shake his head, "Aditi Dhruv Malhotra you are stuck with me."

I halt on what I was doing and a smile came onto my lips after hearing the way he say my name. I hide my stupid smile and gave him his plate of breakfast.

"Aditi..."

"Hmmm..." I hummed while having my food.

"We have to leave today. I have important work there. I can't ignore it." He said with guilt.

"When is the flight?" I asked without looking at him. I also don't want to leave here where my so called family is living as our neighbours.

"10.00 P.m. I hope you don't mind." He put his hand on mine. His voice was still laced with guilt.

I looked at him and smiles, "Dhruv, it's completely fine. Anyways I need to study for my exam and I don't bring my books with me."

"You sure..." He asked and I nodded my head a with smile.