A ray of hope

"Hey, Cabir, where are you?" Manik asked worriedly as since morning he has been trying to call Cabir but Cabir was not picking up his calls. Even Navya was worried as she too was not able to reach him.

"I m at the restaurant." Cabir's voice sounded dull.

"Why aren't you picking up the phone dammit? Can't you see the number of missed calls. I have been trying to reach you since morning." Manik complained.

"Ah! Sorry, woh I was just stuck with some work. I didn't hear the phone." Cabir made an excuse.

Manik knew he was lying but this wasn't the time to argue with him. Also Navya was around him and he didn't want her to get more worked up as she too wasn't looking any good.

"And don't worry Manik, I m all good. Nothing has happened to me." Cabir knew the purpose of his calling and he continued, "And yes if Navya is around you then tell her also not to stress herself. I will talk to her in the afternoon. Okay, then I will meet you guys in the evening. Need to look around." Before Cabir disconnected the phone, Manik informed him that he, Harshad and Dhruv would be coming to Cabir's kitchen for lunch. Manik also conveyed Cabir's message to Navya.

Manik and Navya both felt a bit relieved after talking to Cabir. They just wanted to make sure that he is alright. Actually after Dhruv's call in the morning Manik got worried for Cabir. He called him several times but he didn't pick up his calls and when he came to the office Navya too complaint about the same.

Earlier in morning (Flashback)

"Hey Dhruv, good morning." Manik received Dhruv's call and greeted him.

"Good morning, Manik. Is Cabir with you?" Dhruv enquired.

"Nope, what happened? Is everything okay?" Manik asked.

"Actually, Cabir left quite early from the house and is not taking my call. At night also he didn't sleep well. He is really sad and I m worried of his well being." Dhruv said in a serious tone.

"God, now what is this guy up-to? What's with not picking up the call? He is making this matter unnecessarily worse." Manik was annoyed with Cabir's behaviour.

"No Manik, I think we are judging him wrong. I think more than Navya and Rohit's matter he is upset with his parents. Today when he needs their support and love the most, they are not around him. Leave being around, they are not even aware of what is going on in his life. It's hurting him, Manik. I think we should take this matter more seriously and do something." Dhruv explained his view and Manik thought over it.

"Don't worry Dhruv, we are definitely not letting him feel alone. Let's meet for lunch today at Cabir's kitchen. I will call Harshad also. We need to talk to Cabir." Manik hung up and at once informed Harshad about the whole thing.

(Presently at Malhotra's Office)

Manik talked with Navya also and assured her that everything would be fine.

Soon Manik and Navya got engaged with their work.

Later in the afternoon, the boys met at Cabir's kitchen. They had their lunch and also talked to Cabir. Somehow this helped to lift up Cabir's mood. He felt better. It's true that Cabir was somewhere missing his parents presence in this situation and also cursed God for giving him such parents who didn't care about him but at the same time he also thanked God for giving him such friends who were more than a family.

Manik informed Nandini about their plan for the day. Nandini called up Navya, Mukti and Alya and the foursome decided to meet at a nearby restaurant and have lunch. This way they too can talk to Navya and ease her tension.