Believe In Yourself

We Care Hospital 10:45 pm

As soon as Manan reach the hospital Nandani runs inside to see the patient. Manik after parking the car joins her. The boy is in pathetic condition. Nandani is taken aback seeing him. But she somehow composes herself n tells the nurse to immediately shift the patient in OT. The boy's mother is crying continuously. His father comes to Nandani n joins his hands before her.

Boy's father: (with tears in his eyes) Beta, humare bache ko bacha lo. Humari ek hi aulad hai.

Nandani: Uncle please (holding his hands) Aap himmat rakhiye. Mein apni taraf se puri koshish karungi. Aap please saari formalities puri kar dijeye.

Saying this Nandani goes to her cabin. Manik is about to follow her when his phone buzz.

Manik: Haan Ma.

Nyo: Beta sab thik hai na?

Manik:  No mom.. the patient is serious n need to b operated immediately. Nandani is getting ready for the operation.

Nyo: Manik,u pls stay there only till she completes her duty.

Manik: Mom, don't worry. I will come home only after safely dropping Nandani at her place. U sleep.

Nyo: U both have not even had ur dinner. I m sending Ramesh ( servant) with the tiffin. Jaise hi time mile dono khana kha lena.

Manik: Ye thanks mom. Gn

Manik cuts the call n goes to see Nandani.
Here Nandani ties her hair in a bun n covers her hair with a cap. She wears a white coat n prays to her Aaiyappa. Just then Manik enters her cabin n is mesmerized looking at her angelic face.

Manik pov
She looks beautiful in everyway. Her innocence is clearly visible on her face. She is such a pure soul.

Nandani opens her eyes n sees Manik looking at her.

Nandani: (very innocently) I need God's help.

Manik goes awww at her innocence n feels like embracing her. He comes near her n holds her hand.

Manik: God is always with u. Just believe in urself and he will not let u down. U can do this.

Just then a nurse knocks the door. Manik release her hand and move away a bit.

Nurse: Man won patient's parent are saying they can't pay the deposit. They need...

Nandani not letting her finish the statement: There is no need to take any deposit from them. I will pay the necessary amount. U go.

The nurse exits. Nandani looks at Manik who smiles n wishes her all the best.

Nandani goes into the OT. Manik n the boy's parents n few relatives stand outside the OT. The red light goes on.
Nandani takes Aaiyappa's name and starts the operation. First her hands were shaking but as the operation progresses her hands become steady n she flawlessly completes her job.

Outside OT
The atmosphere was tense. Manik could see the helplessness in the eyes of the parents. The boy's mother was chanting God's name n two ladies were sitting beside her. Few people were standing with the boy's father consoling him.
After almost 3 hours the red light switch off. Everyone stood near the door waiting for the result. Even Manik's heart beat started increasing. He looked up n said: God please..

As soon as Nandani comes out of the OT, she gets surrounded by the boy's relatives who r desperate to know about their only son.

Nandani: (giving a smile) Aunty..uncle...aapka beta bilkul thik hai. Woh ab khatre se bahar hai. Lekin hume abhi 24 hours usse under observation rakhna hoga. Aap usse phir mil sakte hain.

Hearing the good news Manik takes a deep breath and releases it through his mouth. He looks up and says: Thank you.

Here the boy's mother fall at Nandani's feet : Bitiya, bhagwan tumhe hamesha khush rakhe. Tumne mere bache ko ek nayi zindagi di hai. Hum tumhara ahsaan zindagi bhar nahi bhulenge.

Nandani: (trying to make her stand) Arey...aunty yeh aap kya kar rahi hain. Aap mujhse badi hain aur meri ma samaan hain. Bade humesha bacho k sir par haath rakhkar unhe aashirwad dete hain. Aur waise bhi ek doctor hone k naate yeh to mera farz banta hai. Ab aap chinta mat kijiye. Bahut jaldi hi aap apne bete se mil paayengi.

Everyone blesses Nandani. Manik feels happy seeing this. Nandani looks at Manik n gives him a contended smile. Exhaustion can b clearly seen on her face. She totters towards her  cabin.
Meanwhile the patient is shifted to the ICU. The patient's parents n relatives follow him. Manik also sees this n then goes to Nandani's cabin.

Nandani comes to the cabin and takes out her cap and opens her hair. She takes out her coat and sits on the couch feeling all drained out.

Manik enters her cabin finding her resting on the couch.

Manik: (in soft tone) So finally u have done it. Congratulations.

Nandani stands from the couch and at once hugs Manik.
Manik was first taken aback but then slowly moves his hands around her back and hugs her with passion. Both stay like this for about 10 min feeling solace in each other's arms.

Nandani: (still hugging) Thank u so much for having faith in me and making me believe in myself. Thank you for being there when I needed the most. Thank u so....so...much.

Manik: (tightening his grip over her and pulling her more into him)  No need to thank me Nandani. U always had that potential in u. U just found it.
Haan but u can thank me for something else.
(Nandani looks up at him confusingly asking 'what') For... dinner. (Nandani smiles n breaks he hug) Ma had already sent the food so let's have it.

When Nandani was in the midst of the operation Ramesh came and gave the tiffin to Manik who kept it  in Nandani's cabin.

Nandani n Manik both have the dinner together. Then after giving necessary instructions to the nurse Nandani and Manik moves towards their car for home. The journey to home was silent. Nandani rested her head on the back of the seat and closed her eyes as she was hell tired. Manik kept glancing at her every now n then. Soon they reach Murty Mansion. He drops her safely at home n drives towards Malhotra Mansion after bidding her  goodnight.

Any resemblance is purely coincidental.
Thanks to all the lovely readers who r reading and voting my story.