A Day Without You

Murty Mansion 8 am

Nandani woke up with a jerk when the alarm rang for the second time. She took a quick shower,dressed up n went to Navya's room. She too was sleeping soundly. She first woke her up and then went to do the puja. Then she quickly made the tea n toast for breakfast. It was already 9:15 am n she need to reach the hospital soon as she had some important appointments. Navya too was late for the office. Both NavNi left the house at the same time.

Malhotra Mansion 9 am

Manik was getting ready for the office when Raj came to his room n told him about the meeting with a new client. He briefed him giving some important details regarding the client. Then after breakfast both Raj n Manik together went to the office.

We Care Hospital

Nandani after completing her daily rounds went to her cabin. Her appointment diary showed six appointments and a surgery with Dr Sethi. She knew it's going to b a hectic day.

Malhotra Industries 9:45 am

It was Manik's first day to office as CEO. All the employees congratulated him for his new post. Navya is now appointed as Manik's Secretary as Raj has decided that he will come to the office only twice a week.
The meeting was at 11:30 am so Manik began making a small presentation. Navya by the time arranged all the necessary documents required for the meeting. At exactly 10:50 am both Manik n Navya left for the meeting place i.e. Sahir Industries.
Although Manik gave a wonderful presentation but the buyers had few queries which Manik very smartly cleared out n finally was successful in convincing them. After nearly two n a half hours of discussion the buyers satisfactorily signed the deal in Manik's favour.
Manik n Navya came back victorious. It was lunch time n they had a grand lunch as a part of celebration. Raj also joined them. He was happy the way Manik was handling things.

After lunch Manik asked Navya to bring some account's files which he wanted to check. Navya went to the accounts department to fetch the files.
Manik comes to his cabin, sits on his chair and closes his eyes to relax for sometime. But when he closed his eyes he found only Nandani's face smiling at him. He immediately opened his eyes.

Manik: (self talk) Today I didn't see her.... it feels like something is missing. Sirf do hi dino mein jaise mujhe Nandani ki aadat ho gayi hai. Her smile...her melodious voice...her touch...Ohhh I m missing u Nandani.

He picks up his cellphone n was about to dial Nandani's number when Navya came into the cabin with the files. Manik put the phone back on his desk saying in his mind "thodi der baad call karta hun "

Navya: (putting the files on his desk) Here u r Manik. All the files that u asked for. Anything else...

Manik: Thanks Navya. Please see that nobody disturbs me. No phone calls also. Hmm

Navya: Ok boss.

She leaves the cabin and within no time Manik gets busy with the files.

We Care Hospital

Nandani after attending her appointments takes a lunch break. She went to the canteen n had a light food. While having lunch she remembers the moments spent with Manik. She gives a blushing smile thinking of those beautiful moments. She picks up her phone n thought of texting Manik. But just then she hears her name being called on the speaker.
"Dr Nandani Murty please come to the emergency ward immediately"

She runs to the emergency ward to attend the patient. It was a heart attack case but thankfully a minor one. She treated the patient immediately.
At 4:30 pm she again got ready to assist Dr Sethi for a surgery which was almost an hour long. At 6 pm she completed her two pending appointments n was free from her duty only at 6:50 pm.
She reached home around 7:20 pm completely exhausted. Navya was already home n welcomed Nandani with a beaming smile. The reason of her smile was actually Cabir who had just called her few minutes back.