Let It Go...

Manik was sitting in half sleeping position on the lounge chair near the pool. He was gazing at the stars but his mind was completely occupied with the thoughts of his love...his  life...Nandini.
There was pin drop silence at Malhotra Mansion.
Raj n Nyo were invited to a couple's party so they were expected to come late at night.
Alya had requested Mukti to b with her as Harshad wanted to discuss some important things with Dhruv. Mukti therefore decided to spend the night at their place only.
The servants had also gone to their quarters.
So now coming back to Manik, his mind had only Nandini ruling it.

'Manik...Manik'...no response.

A soft touch on his shoulder brought him back from his dream land. His eyes met the caller n he stood up with a jerk.

'Nandini...U here...at this hour'...he said looking at his Rolex watch which displayed 10:00 pm.

Nandini: Why...r u not happy to see me?...she asked making a sad pout.

Manik: No Shona...he immediately pulled her in his embrace...never ever say that again. U r the biggest and the most important happiness of my life...I love u Shona...I love u very very much.

Nandini too reciprocated: I love u too, Manik.

Manik: Shona...he looked at her...U r fine na...is everything ok?...itni late yahan.

Nandini: Shhh...she shushed him by placing her tini-wini fingers on his lips...may I...she softly asked permission to speak n he said yes by blinking his eyes. Manik, where is your phone? I have been calling u since long and sent u so many messages but u didn't reply...why?

Manik: O shit!...he held his forehead with one hand and put the other one on his waist...it's in the bedroom. I m sorry Shona...he took her hands in his...I forgot to carry it with me.

Nandini: You know...I was so worried and then I called up Mukti and casually asked her about everybody's whereabouts. When she told me u r alone at home...I rushed here to meet you.

Manik: Shona...what was the urgency?...Amms ne kuch kaha kya?...he enquired doubtfully.

Nandini: Manik, mujhe lagta hai ki Amms ne na...marriage bureau khol liya hai...(Manik laughed: What?)...Haan...she continued making a sad pout...you know...today I was happy that Pandit's chapter is finally over...but all my happiness went into gutter when Amms said that she has few very good proposals for me...n if I agree then she'll take it to the next level...she made a helpless face.

Manik: Wow!...he exclaimed...this is great news. Why don't u meet them...shaayad koi acha ladka mil jaaye...he said teasingly.

Nandini gave him an annoying look: Seriously Manik...mein yahan pareshaan ho rahi hun and you...you r making a joke of it...she was on the verge of crying.

Manik now regretted on pissing her more: Shona...shona...he held her by her elbows...first come n sit here...he made her sit on the lounge chair. (Nandini was in angry mode so she reluctantly sat on the chair but didn't look at him) I m sorry shona...he tried to make her face but she was in no mood.