Soha's Birthday

The farm house was decorated with lights and there was a good crowd. Everyone got out of the car. Dhruv was holding a bouquet of flowers which they had bought while coming to the farm house. Manik asked all to move ahead while he went to park the car.

Cabir: Lagta hai poore shehar ko dawat di hai.

All start walking towards the entrance when Nandani's phone rang. It was her Amms call. She asked everyone to go ahead telling them to join in 5 min. She then moved to an isolated corner n answered the call.

Nandani: Hello Amms! How r u?

Amms: Kanna I m good. Tum kaisi ho?

Nandani: Bilkul thik.

Amms: Kanna, tumhe yaad hai na next week tumhare parents ki death anniversary hai aur har baar ki tarah is baar bhi maine badi puja rakhwai hai. (Nandani becomes sad) Maine isliye hi phone kiya hai. Tum do din pehle hi aa jaana. Mujhe tumse kuch zaroori baat bhi karni hi.

Nandani: Amms kya hua ? Aap thik ho na? (Asking worriedly)

Amms: Kanna, don't worry...sab thik hai. Tum yahan aaogi tab baat karenge. Acha ab mein rakhti hun. Apna dhyan rakhna aur jaldi aa jaana.

Nandani: Ji Amms. Bye good night.

She disconnects the phone but stand there thinking about her parents.
Manik was walking towards the entrance when he saw Nandani lost in some thoughts. He came near her. Nandani was so lost in her thoughts that she didn't notice Manik's presence.

Manik: Nandani....Nandani (snaps with his finger)

Nandani coming out of her thoughts: Hmmm

Manik: What happen? Why r u standing here?

Nandani: Haan...wo...nothing...wo Amms ka phone tha so I was talking to her.

Manik: Everything fine.

Nandani: Hmm....Ya...everything is good.

Manik: Ok....so let's go in.

Nandani: Haan...Chalo

As Nandani started to walk, Manik stopped her holding her from her wrist. Nandani turned n looked at him. He slowly came close to her and slide his hand around her waist. He pulled her close to him and touched the bare part of her back. Her eyes got locked with his eyes. He very slowly moved his hand from her back to her hair n with one swift movement opened her hair.
She at once broke the eyelock n slightly turned her face.

Manik: (combing her hair with his fingers) I told u...I can't allow anyone to see what is meant for my eyes only. (He then tucked few strands of her hair behind her ear whispering) Now let's go in. But first u go then I will come.

She nodded her head and walked inside the farm house.
Soha greeted her by hugging her. Nandani wished her 'Happy Birthday' n took out a gift from her purse saying 'This is for you from Navya n me'