Missed You

The announcement of the arrival of the Dehradun flight had already been made. All the passengers were walking out with their luggage. Nandini too walked out dragging her trolley bag. Her heart was beating hard as her eyes searched the face responsible for it. Not only him but even she had craved for that warmth that she had missed these two days like hell. She just wanted to drape herself in his arms. Her head moved in every possible direction in anticipation...but he was nowhere to be seen. Did he check the time of my flight? Kahin bhool toh nahi gaya? No no no...may be he must be stuck in the traffic or some meeting. Her brain had already started it's job of thinking various possibilities of his absence.

"Nandini beta"...she heard a warm soothing voice from behind and she turned to find her two favourite people standing with sweet smile on their face.

"Nyo aunty...Raj uncle"...she at once hugged them. "How are you?"

"Hum toh ache hain beta...lekin tu mujhe thik nahi lag rahi hai. Yeh kya aankhon k aas-paas dark circles kar liye hain. Seminar attend karne gayi thi ya koi exam...lagta hai thik se sone ko nahi mila...tabiyat toh thik haina teri."...Nyo lovingly caressed her face with her soft palm.

"Aunty...sab thik hai aap yunhi chinta kar rahi hain."...Nandini tried to convince her.

"Aur nahi toh kya Nyonika...tum toh achi bhali ladki ko bimaar karne par tuli ho. Safar k kaaran sirf thodi stressed hai isiliye tumhe aisa lag raha hai. Thoda rest kar legi toh bilkul fresh ho jaayegi. Haina beta...(Nandini nodded her head giving a smile)...dekha maine sahi kaha na...Raj said while giving Nandini a side hug.

Nyo: Haan haan beta...tum thak gayi hogi...chalo pehle ghar chalte hain...wahan shanti se baithkar baat karenge.

Nandini looked here n there still searching for Manik. She couldn't believe that Manik has not come to receive her. Nyo noticed her restlessness and understood whom she was looking for.

"Tumhari aankhen jise dhoondh rahi hai woh nahi aaya hai beta. (Nandini suddenly looked at Nyo: Huh?) Manik nahi aa paaya beta."

Nandini's face fell.

Raj: Woh aana chahta tha but achanak usse Pune jaana pada. Wahan factory mein kuch problem ki wajah se humara consignment ruk gaya hai...bas wahi sort out karne gaya hai. Mein chala jaata lekin shuru se hi Manik wahan ka kaam sambhal raha hai isiliye...

"Uncle aapko mujhe koi explanation dene ki zaroorat nahi hai. Mein samjh sakti hun. Aur please ab aap guilty feel mat kijiye. Manik k hote hue aap wahan jaate toh mujhe zaroor bura lagta. Uncle mein priorities ko samjh sakti hun." Nandini's words brought a broad smile on Raj's face.

Raj: Mein kaise bhool gaya ki meri beti bahut samajhdaar hai.

Nandini: Ab pata chal gaya na...ab please ghar chaliye mujhe bahut bhook lag rahi hai...she said making a puppy face.

Raj, Nyo and Nandini sat in the car and drove towards Malhotra Mansion. Nyo had made Nandini's favourite food which Nandini didn't want to miss.
Nandini took out her mobile and brought it back from the  airplane mode to check any missed calls or messages. She found 3 missed calls and 2 messages of Manik. She immediately opened her text box and read the first message.

Hey sweetheart, I m so happy you r coming back. I m dying to see you...cage you in my arms...feel every heartbeat of yours...mingle with every breath of yours...but it seems like God wants to test my patience. There is some urgency at Pune factory and I m needed there. I know even you must b dying to meet me but I m sorry I won't b there to receive you. Maa and Paa will see u at the airport. See you soon. Love you.