Feelings!!!

Shaayad yahi hai pyaar...
Dj wale babu mera gana baja do

Suddenly the music changes from romantic to hip hop.
All the couples come out of their trance. Manik immediately loosens his grip from Nandini's waist and they both move away from each other and look here & there.

Cabir: Manik and Nandani when did u come to the dance floor?

Nandani looked here and there when Manik being quick witted spoke up.

Manik: Arey..Cabir, we came when you all were fully "engrossed" with ur partners. Wow like none of u was even blinking.

This was it. Nobody dared to speak anything after this as they knew Manik has got into teasing mode.

Cabir: (making an excuse) Haan..wo...actually...Haan yaar..the song was so romantic so...so...we all just went with the flow. Hai na (looking at Dhruv)

Dhruv: Yes..buddy we....we...just went with the flow.

Alia and Navya blushed. Mukti and Harshad were having great time suppressing their giggles. They both didn't need any excuse as everyone knew about the love birds.
Navya comes and stands beside Nandani all blushing. Nandani raises her eyebrows gesturing ' What's cooking'. Navya nods her head in no and Nandani smiles and gives her a side hug.

Cabir: (changing the topic) Ok ok enough of this teasing session. Let's go and have dinner,I m starving.

Mukti: You glutton, chal warna kahin tu chakkar khakar gir na jaaye.

Everyone laughs and leave towards the food zone.
Nandani excuses herself and goes to Raj. Manik watches her.

Nandani: Raj uncle, I know you must have definitely forgotten to take ur medicines. ( she has already told the servant to get the medicines) Look at the time, u r already 10 min late. First have them and then u can carry on.

Raj: Sorry, beta baat karte karte pata hi nahi chala. ( He takes the medicines)

Manik was watching everything: (self) This girl...she is so caring. In the midst of the party also she remembered Pa's medicines. So perfect.

Nandani was about to walk to join others when her phone buzz. She looks at the screen and moves at a lone place and receives the call. It's from We Care hospital.

Nandani: Hello

Receptionist: Sorry to disturb u mam but there is an emergency and no senior doctor is available right now.

Nandani: It's ok. What is it? (She asks about the patient's condition)

Receptionist: It's an accident case. The boy is quite young and is badly hit by a car. Many small glass pieces r pierced near his heart and he is bleeding profusely. The matter is already reported to the police.

Nandani sighs: Ok...I m reaching in 10 min. Did u call Dr Sethi?

Receptionist: Yes mam but he is out of town.
Dr Sethi is a very senior and experienced doctor and Nandani's mentor. Till now Nandani has done 3 surgeries but only under his guidance.

Nandani: Ok I m coming. By the time get the OT ready and give the patient first aid to stop the bleeding. (She cuts the call and looks for Nyonika)

Nandani finds Nyonika and tells her about the emergency call. She needs to rush but Nyo is adamant not letting her go alone as it is late and her driver is also not there.
Manik was already watching Nandani and seeing Nyo and her arguing over something comes to them.

Manik: Ma, what happen?

Nandani looks at him. Nyo tells him everything. And now our Manik, how can he allow Nandani to go alone.

Manik: (in concerened tone) Nandani, Ma is right. It's quite late, u can't go alone.

Nandani: But its an emergency n I hv to go.
She is about to leave when....
Nyo: Wait beta. (Turning to Manik) Manik u go with her.

Manik: Haan Ma I will go.

Nandani was already getting late so she didn't argue. Before leaving she informs Navya about the happenings.

Navya: Don't worry I will handle myself. And all the best.

Manik and Nandani head towards the hospital in Manik's car.

In the car

Nandani is busy instructing the nurse on her phone. Manik is driving fast but carefully. He also notices Nandani's nervousness.

Manik : R u fine ?

Nandani: Hmm ( still thinking)

Manik: U can share. I mean...u look tense.

Nandani looks at him and takes a deep breath: Woh...actually this is my first maiden operation. Till now my mentor Dr Sethi did the operation and I assisted him. But he is out of station and now I ....(She presses her lips)

Manik: U can call anyother senior doctor.

Nandani: We tried but none is available at the moment.

Manik: So...now..u will have to handle the whole operation single hand and that's why u r nervous.

Nandani looks down. Manik puts his one hand on Nandani's hand. Nandani immediately looks at him.

Manik: Nandani, I know this is ur first major operation..but zindagi mein bahut si baatein pehli baar hoti hain n then only u know what wonders u can do. U just need to believe in urself. So just calm down and put your best foot forward.

Nandani gives a hearty smile to him. Manik also smile at her and continues driving.
Nandani starts taking out her earrings and bracelet. Manik looks at her confusingly.

Nandani: What! ..Yeh sab pehan k to operation nahi kar sakti na. She smiles. Waise can I put these accessories in the dash board.

Manik smilingly nods his head and Nandani puts her jewellery in the dashboard.
Soon they reach the hospital.

Here at Malhotra Mansion the party is over and Cabir drops Navya at home in her car. Dhruv followed them in his car and then Cabir n Dhruv drove to their respective home sweet home.

So this is it for today. Will try to update the next part soon. Stay tuned...