Engagement: The Second Step

"Good afternoon sir, how may I help you?"...the receptionist asked giving a heart warming smile.

"Hi! I m Manik...Manik Malhotra. We are here to meet Kavita."...Manik too spoke warmingly.

"Ahh! Yes of course. She is already waiting for you. Just a minute."...the receptionist called a boy helper and asked him to escort the team to Kavita's cabin.

Kavita: "Hello! This is Kavita your designer for the engagement." She welcomed all to her cabin and asked the helper to bring water for all. Everyone settled at the nearby round sofa and Manik one by one introduced them all to Kavita. "Well, I had sent you the catalogue to select your dresses and I hope except the bride and the bridegroom all others are ready with their respective choices."

Mukti: Yes of course...we have selected our attires and I must say you are a fab designer. We all loved your collection.

Alia: Ya...you have lovely taste.

Kavita: Glad that you all liked my work. So I would want you all to please give your measurements along with your choice to my assistant Maya. Meanwhile I will help the couple to select their outfits...she said looking at Manik and Nandini.

Just then the helper comes carrying glasses of water to serve the guests.

"Raman, Maya ko zaraa mere cabin mein bhejna."...Kavita said addressing to the helper and he walks away after serving the water.

"Mam, you called me?"...Maya a girl in her early 20s entered the cabin.

"Maya, meet our new clients Fab 5 and their mates."...Maya was already excited and happy to see them and she heartily greeted all of them.

"It's an honour to have you all here. Actually I m a crazy fan of you all and I was present at your recent concert too. And let me tell you that you people were just amazing."...Maya continued with her praising commentary when Kavita cut her in between.

Kavita: Maya, I know you are a big fan of them but right now they are here for some specific reason. So please let's concentrate on it. You can praise each member personally while taking their measurements.

"Oh! I m sorry. I just got carried away."...she said in an embarrassing tone.

Kavita explained everything to her and asked everyone except Manik and Nandini to go with her and give their measurements.

"Okay so Manik and Nandini...do you have any specific choice for your engagement. Something that you have planned for the day."...Kavita asked them in a professional tone.

Nandini's face that till now carried a smile suddenly dropped after hearing her sentence. "Well, Kavita..we have actually not decided anything. We didn't get enough time to discuss all this."...Nandini felt guilty and she remembered last night's conversation with Manik. It is such an important moment of their life and she didn't even had a word with him regarding it. All this while she was either busy with her seminar or solving Dhruv's matter. She now realised why Manik asked her to spend time with him. Her eyes became moist and she felt a pinch in her heart thinking all this when she felt a familiar touch on her hand. Manik squeezed her hand and she looked at him. It looked as if he could read her mind and slightly nodded his face and gestured through his eyes not to feel guilty of anything.

"Kavita, as it is a very special day for both of us so we want everything to b perfect. We don't have any special choice but yes I would like to tell you  that she is the most precious possession of my life. I want you to clad her in the most beautiful dress you have in your collection. I want my love...my life...my Nandini to look the most gorgeous on that day."...Manik said all this looking into Nandini's eyes.
Nandini kept looking in his love filled eyes until Kavita broke their eye lock.