Plan Backfired

Everyone cheered for Fab 4. Cabir looked at Nandani n gestured her a thumbs up. But unfortunately this was witnessed by the evil eyes of Soha.

Soha's pov

NANDANI....how dare u spoil my plan. How difficult it is for me to behave so sweetly with u people. I hate u all like anything. But I love my Manik and I want him at any cost. It's only because of him I m tolerating u idiots. And u...NANDANI...I hate u...I hate u from the bottom of my heart. I know this is ur idea...but now I will show u. U r trying to act smart haan....just see how I make u a laughter stock in front of all. (She gives an evil smirk)

 (She gives an evil smirk)

Soha: One minute guys. (NavNi n Fab 4 give her a "now what" look) Actually (taking the Mic) I forgot to introduce one more highly talented person...Ms Nandani Murty (pointing towards her)

Fab4 and NavNi were puzzled. Soha came to Nandani and holding her dragged near Fab 4.

Soha: People meet Dr Nandani Murty...a heart surgeon and a classical singer. (Nandani gave a fake smile n look at Fab 4)

Navya: (to herself) Ab ye chudaail kya chahti hai.

Soha: Nandani (making a pleading face) please can u sing for me.

Fab 4 was shocked to hear this.

Soha's friend: But Soha u said she is a classical singer right. Don't mind but....who likes classical songs. I mean we all r young n love rock music. This classicals r for oldies....u know....what I mean. Moreover...it's ur birthday so please no boring stuff.

Soha: (smiles in her mind) Nandani now wait n watch.

Manik: (coming to soha) Soha what r u doing? Why r u forcing Nandani to sing?

Nandani stood there all silent trying to understand Soha's intentions. Navya comes near Nandani and places her hand on her shoulder gesturing 'It's Ok' with her eyes.

Soha: Come on Manik..today is my birthday...atleast I have a right to make a wish today. (Turning to Nandani) Pls Nandani sing for me na.

Nandani by now understood Soha's plan of indirectly insulting her in front of all. But Nandani is Nandani.....She can't give up so soon.

Nandani: Ok Soha...I will definitely sing for u. After all ...u r the birthday girl....n how can I say no to u.

Soha faking a smile at her but in her mind was happy: Then get ready to make fun of urself.

Manik: (coming near Nandani) Listen...u don't need to do this..

Nandani: Manik....don't worry...I will handle it....and u all r with me na..

Manik nodded his head in assurance.

Navya whispered to Nandani: I know u will nail her...(giggles) I mean nail it.

Nandani came near Fab 4 n smiled assuring them that she will handle it. She took the guitar from Manik n he adjusted the mic according to her height. She smiled at him seeing his sweet gesture. Everyone took their place while Manik stood beside Nandani.
Nandani closed her eyes and said "Aaiyappa b with me"

Soha gave an evil smirk.
Navya took out her mobile and switched on the recording button because she knew that Nandani can sing any kind of song and moreover she is the biggest fan of her voice.

Nandani strummed the strings of the guitar.
* The song Nandani sings is from a 80's movie - Kalakaar. Pls listen the female version of this song to enjoy the scene and feel it.

Neele Neele Ambar Par
Chand jab aaye
Pyaar barsaye humko tarsaye
Aaisa koi saathi ho
Aaisa koi premi ho
Pyaas dil ki bujha jaaye
(Strums the guitar)
Fab 4 smiled broadly looking at each other. Manik gazed at her in astonishment.
Whereas Soha was hell shocked. She thought that Nandani would sing some classical raaga n everyone would laugh at her but here she was singing a romantic song n everyone present there seemed to enjoy it.

Nandani gave the guitar to Manik and gestured him to continue with the tune while she continued singing holding the mic in her hand.

Neele Neele Ambar Par
Chand jab aaye
Pyaar barsaye humko tarsaye
Aaisa koi saathi ho
Aaisa koi premi ho
Pyaas dil ki bujha jaaye
Neele Neele Ambar Par
Chand jab aaye
Pyaar barsaye humko tarsaye

Dhruv comes near her and plays a beautiful tune on the guitar while Cabir n Alya contribute by playing tune on their instruments.
Navya sways her body with the song.

Hooo oonche oonche parbat
Jab chumte hain ambar ko
Pyaasa pyaasa ambar
Jab chumta hain saagar ko
Pyar se kasne ko
Baahon mein basne ko
Dil Mera lalchaye
Koi to aa jaaye
(Manik raised his eyebrows n gave a 'really' look to Nandani)
Aaisa koi saathi ho
Aaisa koi premi ho
Pyaas dil ki bujha jaaye
Neele Neele Ambar Par
Chand jab aaye
Pyar barsaye humko tarsaye

Manik was also in full mood. He was just loving Nandani's voice. He played a mesmerizing tune and everyone present there clapped and cheered. Nandani whispered "amazing" and he winked at her.
Soha stood there gritting her teeth n watched them in full anger.
The couples enjoyed the song and started to dance.

Hooo thande thande jhonke
Jab baalon ko sahlaayen
Tapti tapti kirne
Jab gaalon ko chu jaaye
Sanson ki garmi ko
Haathon ki narmi ko
Mera Mann tarsaye
Koi toh chu jaaye
(Manik smiles thinking the meaning)
Aaisa koi saathi ho
Aaisa koi premi ho
Pyaas dil ki bujha jaaye
Neele Neele Ambar Par
Chand jab aaye
Pyar barsaye humko tarsaye
Lalalalaaa Lalalalaaa

As soon as Nandani completes the song everybody applauded wholeheartedly except Soha.
Cavya n Dhrulya ran and hugged Nandani altogether. Manik looked at her and smilingly comes and gives her a side hug. Nandani smiled at him. Soha was on fire. Her plan failed again. Everyone was praising Nandani. But the thing that pinched her the most was Manik hugging Nandani.

Soha's pov

NANDANIIIII...how dare u touch my Manik. Manik sirf mera hai. I won't let u win so easily. I will get Manik by hook or by crook.

She composed herself n with a plastic smile went to Nandani.

Soha: Wow Nandani...u were so good. See I told u that she is highly talented. I thought u sang only classical...but dude this was just awesome. (Nandani didn't believe Soha praising her) And Manik (turning to Manik) Honey that tune u played just took my heart away. It was mesmerizing. (She hugged him tightly)

Manik: (freeing himself) Thanks Soha.

Cabir: Soha....I really want to thank u from the bottom of my heart. (Soha looked at him confusingly) Because of u...we got aware of Nandani's hidden talent. Like she was fabulous...we didn't know she sings so well.

Aliya: (hugging Nandani) Ya...exactly..u were really fab.

Dhruv: Nandani...trust me I have become ur fan.

Navya: Arey Arey...bhai hum sabse bade fan hain iske tum sab baad mein aate ho.

Nandani: Ok ok...now stop embarrassing me....mujhe itne praises ki aadat nahi hai. I sang well because u all were with me. After all I was performing with the rock stars...right..
Thank u for being there.

Manik pov

This girl....like how can somebody b so innocent...so down to earth. No trace of vanity....She is one in a million. Manik Malhotra...ye ladki tujhe deewana karke hi chhodegi.

So readers how was it. Hope I have not disappointed u. Pls ignore the mistakes.

Any resemblance is purely coincidental.