Can't See You In Pain

Aaahhhh....

Manik heard a shriek and for a couple of seconds stood at his place to understand what happened, but as soon as he saw Nandini lying on the floor holding her head he panicked.

"NANDINI"... he ran towards her.
Blood was coming out of her head while she was pressing her forehead with her palm.

"Ouch....ssss...aahhh!" she was hissing in pain.

"Shona...what happen...show me"...he made her sit and looked at her worriedly. He removed her hand from her forehead.

"O shit"...more blood started flowing as she removed her hand. "Yeh kaise hua...you r bleeding profusely...Oh! God"...his face was stricken with shock, worry and panic all at the same time.
"Shona...don't worry...U will b fine"...he carried her in his arms. "RAMESH...RAMESH"...he shouted his lungs out. (Ramesh: Ji Manik baba)
jaldi Maa k paas jao aur unhe Dr Sethi ko apne saath laane ko kaho...jaldi...he rushed into his room carrying Nandini in his arms.

He very carefully made her sit on his bed and adjusted some pillows at her back to give support to her head. Blood was continuously flowing out from her head and her face, her left hand and her clothes were now covered with blood.
For a couple of seconds Manik felt numb seeing her in that condition. It seemed as if his reflex actions have suddenly stopped working.
He got his senses back when he heard her painful hissing sound. He immediately opened the drawer of his dressing table to take out the first aid box. He pulled out a handful of cotton from the cotton roll and started dabbing on the part of her forehead that was bleeding.

"Ssss...aaahhh!"...she hissed as he put the cotton on her wound. Tears trickled down from her eyes.

"Shona...bahut dard ho raha haina...he spoke with so much pain in his voice...stop crying sweetheart...he wiped her tears...Dr Sethi aate hi honge.

Pain was clearly visible in his eyes and was shedding in the form of tears.
She looked at him and the tears from his eyes gave her more pain than her wound. She wiped his tears with her soft and warm hand and gestured a No nodding her head.
He held her hand and kissed her palm. Suddenly he felt her hand becoming loose and he looked at her.

"O shit...SHONA....SHONA" she was loosing her consciousness.

Just then the door of his bedroom opened.

"Kanna...Kanna...kya ho gaya tujhe" Amms entered running in followed by others. "Aaiyo Aaiyappa...itna khoon" she said looking at her.

"Doctor please dekhiye na isse kya ho gaya hai...she is not responding" Manik spoke as soon as he saw Dr Sethi approaching towards them. Manik moved to give him space.

Nyo: Hai Ram!...yeh kaise hua...Nandini...beta...she started sobbing.

Everyone looked at her worriedly.

"I think zyaada khoon beh jaane se woh behosh ho gayi hai...hume usse immediately hospital le jaana padega. It's a deep cut...stitches lene padenge."
he said after examining her wound.

Manik: Then what r we waiting for...let's take her immediately.

Raj: Haan...Manik sahi keh raha hai...hume jaldi Nandini ko hospital le jaana chahiye.

Amms: Par achanak yeh itni gehri chot lagi kaise Nandini ko...she didn't understand how this accident happened.

Dr Sethi: Well Raj, Mujhe lagta hai tumhe police ko report karni padegi...(Everyone looked at him in confusion)...ghaav dekhkar toh aaisa lagta hai ki kisine zor se koi sharp cheez se Nandini ko maara hai.