How Could You???

Raj, Nyo, Mukti and Alya were sitting in the drawing room and discussing about the scene that took place an hour ago.

Mukti: I feel pity for Khurana uncle...he is such a darling and Soha...she is a bitch....she said making the most ugliest face.

Nyo: MUKTI...don't call her by that name...she said in an irritating tone...bhulon mat...woh kaisi bhi ho par woh Khurana bhaisahaab ki beti hai...aur waise bhi kisiko bhi abuse karna achi baat nahi hai.

Mukti: Aap usse jaante nahi ho isiliye yeh keh rahe ho. Aapko nahi pata lekin usne mere aur Harshad k beech mein bhi bahut badi misunderstanding create karne ki koshish ki thi and she almost succeeded in it...I was almost shattered...(Raj n Nyo were shocked at this new piece of information)...agar Nandini ne mujhe sambhala nahi hota aur Soha k sach ko expose nahi kiya hota toh aaj mein aur Harshad yahan nahi hote...tears developed in her eyes.

Nyo: Yeh sab kab hua?...aur tumne hume bataya kyun nahi?

Raj: Haan beta, itna sab hua aur hume kuch khabar tak nahi...aur Nandini ne bhi kabhi kuch nahi kaha is baare mein...his voice held concern plus irritation.

Alya kept her hand on Mukti's shoulder to console her as she knew this topic always made her weak and upset.

Mukti: Kya batate aapko...Khurana uncle aur aap itne best friends ho aur yeh baat bata kar hum aap dono ki friendship mein kisi bhi tarah ki bitterness nahi lana chahte the...so we three decided to keep this matter to ourselves.

Raj: But beta...atlee...his statement remained unfinished due to a sudden interference of  voice.

"Hello people, wassup???" Manik's sudden entry in the house made them halt their conversation.

It was only 4:30 pm and Manik was back home. Actually he was feeling restless to see Nandini and also he was quite tired as he didn't get sleep and rest since last night. So he decided to come home early. Navya also accompanied him back home.

Nyo tried to act normal: Kya baat hai beta...jaldi aagaye office se...thik toh ho na...she could clearly see the tiredness on his face.

Manik: Huhh!...he lazily sat on the sofa and kept his head on the back support of the sofa...oh! Maa...pls can I get a cup of strong coffee...I m terribly exhausted and I also have a mild headache.

Nyo at once ordered for the coffee.
Navya too came and sat beside Mukti who was trying to hide her annoyance with a fake smile on her face.

Manik looked in the direction of Nandini's room: Maa, how is Nandini?...Is she sleeping?...he asked her calmly holding his desperation.

Nyo looked at Raj and then again looked at Manik. She was tensed how he would react after knowing the truth.

Nyo: Woh...she is fine...ready ho rahi hai.

Manik immediately straightened himself: Ready ho rahi hai?? But why?? Isn't she supposed to rest?? Where is she going?? He without even waiting for an answer one by one shot out the questions.

Raj: Manik calm down beta...woh mujhe tumhe ek zaroori baat batani hai.

The servant came and served him strong coffee but he kept the cup on the table without even giving it a look. Right now his full concentration was on his father.

Manik: Paa...kya hua...is everything fine...some strange thoughts started rising in his mind which were making him restless to know what is the matter.