The Culprit

"Welcome dear"

As soon as Nandini stepped in the house, she was greeted by the family and friends.
Nandini was overwhelmed with such a warm welcome. She walked in taking Nyo's support.

Manik wanted to carry her in his arms but Nandini insisted that she would prefer to walk as she didn't want everyone's gazes fixed on her.

Raj came forward and gave her a fatherly hug and asked of her well being.

Mukti also came and hugged her.
"How r u bestie?" she asked with tears in her eyes.

Nandini: Much better dear...but why r u crying...see I m alright.

Mukti wiped her tears: I was so scared Nandini...you were almost drenched in blood and...

"MUKTI"...a sudden scream made her freeze her statement and everyone looked in the direction of the speaker..."let's not talk of all  that"...Manik cut her in between as he didn't want to recall that dreadful moment again..."Nandini needs rest so take her to the bedroom."

Mukti, Alya and Navya took Nandini in the guest room for rest but she insisted them to sit with her for a while as she didn't feel like sleeping. The girls happily sat around her and soon their girly chat started.

Manik went to his room to get ready for the office. Cabir had some work so he took Dhruv along and Harshad too after bidding farewell to all left for his workplace.

There were still few relatives in the house. Nyo apologized them for her absence and gave them her time making sure they don't feel bad for leaving them unattended. Nyonika was desperate to tell Raj about Manik and Nandini but she decided to tell him once the guests left.

Manik came downstairs wearing his formals ready to attend his office...but before leaving he wanted to see Nandini. The door of her room was ajar so he straightaway went into her room.
The girls were having a real good time.
He saw her smiling and felt happy and relaxed but he also remembered the doctor's advise to give her complete rest.

"Uhhnn...Uhhnn" he faked cough to grab everybody's attention. "Girls, how can u talk so much...I mean muh nahi dukhta tum logon ka itni baatein karte karte" he commented playfully.

Mukti: Bhai...hum apni kuch personal baatein share kar rahe hain...U know girly talks...do u have any problem? She said raising her eyebrows.

Nandini chuckled and Manik gave her a glare.

Manik: No No...why would I have any problem...Arey u can carry on for days and nights and years...he said mockingly... I have just come here to remind u all that Nandini is not well and she needs rest...so can u pretty ladies give a break to your "girly talks" he exaggerated the word by making quotation marks with his fingers. And Miss Navya...aapko aaj yahin baithna hai yaa office bhi chalna hai...I m ready so let's leave.

Navya: Sorry sorry Manik...please give me 5 minutes...I had given some files to Raj sir for his signature...I'll just go and get it from his study. Bye Nandini...apna khayal rakhna...hum tumse shaam ko milte hain...she hugged her and left.

Mukti: Ok bestie...Alya and I'll also see u later...Bhai is right...U need to take rest.

Both Mukti and Alya walked out of the room. Manik and Nandini were now alone in the room.

Manik: Ahh! Finally I got some lone time with u...he came and sat near her. He touched her cheeks with his palm and caressed it with his thumb...listen...no getting up from the bed...take proper rest shona...hmmm.
(She nodded her head up and down) And haan where is your mobile phone...he looked here n there and found it on the table near the bed. He grabbed it and started doing something in it.