Roka-The First Step

This one is for u UponAStar_7

Amms house @7:30 am

There was lot of hustle bustle in the house. Class was cancelled due to roka ceremony. Everyone was busy with some or the other work.
The boys were seeing the final arrangements.
The whole house was decorated with flowers. There was a beautiful rangoli drawn at the entrance of the house.
The girls were getting ready while Raj and Nyo were with Amms making sure everything is in order.
Amms asked the boys to get ready as Panditji was expected to come anytime.
The boys went to their respective rooms to get ready for the puja followed by roka.

Soon the Panditji arrived and gave a final glance at the preparations. He sat on a mat and started arranging the things for puja.
Raj n Nyo with Amms welcomed the guests. Amms had kept the ceremony private so only very close people were invited for the ceremony.

Soon the boys joined the elders. All were looking handsome in the traditional attire. But there was one person who was looking exceptionally smart n handsome...and he was none other than...Manik.

Manik came and stood beside Nyo.

"Someone is looking very handsome and desperate as well...(she chuckled) bas kuch der aur son... jisse dekhne k liye tumhari aankhen itni betaab ho rahi hain woh tumhare saamne hogi" Nyo teased Manik.

 jisse dekhne k liye tumhari aankhen itni betaab ho rahi hain woh tumhare saamne hogi" Nyo teased Manik

He literally blushed listening his mom's teasing.

"Oye Hoye..dekho zara...Manik Malhotra blush bhi karta hai"...Cabir pinched his cheeks.

"Lagta hai kissi ka maar khaane ka bahut mann kar raha hai"...Manik said looking at his fist which was clearly for   Cabir.

Cabir at once distanced himself from Manik and stood behind Harshad sensing danger.

Everyone laughed seeing his reaction.

"Amma, puja ki taiyaari ho gayi hai aap sabhi ko bula lijiye"...Panditji said to Amms.

Amms asked everyone to assemble for puja

Amms asked everyone to assemble for puja. She also asked Navya n Mukti to bring Nandini.

Manik's eyes lighted up hearing her name. Since morning he was dying to see her.
Yesterday night was a sleepless night for him...not because he was nervous or excited but because he couldn't sleep with Nandini in his arms.
Amms wanted to spend sometime with Nandini so she asked her to sleep with her only.
In the morning also he tried to meet her but couldn't get a chance.
His eyes were now dying to see her.
He sat on a mat near Panditji and with longing eyes looked in the direction from where the girls were going to bring Nandini.
He could clearly hear the palpitations of his heart which were increasing second by second. Finally his wait came to an end when he saw a petite figure surrounded by the girls walking lithely towards him.
The moment his eyes fell on her his breath got stuck.
There dolled up in a red ethnic wear, Nandini was looking breathtakingly beautiful. Her hair were perfectly tied in a bun decorated with flowers.