Dhol Baaje

I dedicate this chapter to my lovely reader Shweta Khurana who has been constantly voting n commenting on each n every part of my story. Stay blessed.

Nandani comes to the garden to join others. As she enters many eyes get fixed on her. Boys r ogling her. Manik was just behind her. As he sees boys staring at her he clenches his fist. Nandani comes n joins the gang. Manik also comes n stand beside her.

Cabir: Woah...Nandani u r looking super gorgeous. But tell me one thing tumhari aur Manik ki dress ka colour same to same. Kahin tum dono ne pehle se hi decide toh nahi kar liya tha hmmm. Bolo Bolo....tell tell.

Everyone looks at them. Manan also look at each other n realize that they were actually wearing the same combination.

Manik: (giving angry glare to cabir) Cabiiir...apne dimaag k ghode zyada mat dauda. Guys this is just a coincidence.

Mukti: Come on Bhai we know. Cabir is just joking.

Just then they hear Alok's voice in the mike.

Alok: Welcome to all the beautiful people. This garba is a part of celebrating the hatrick that we have made in winning the kite flying competition. So come on everybody join the garba. (Looks at the dholi ) O dholi taaro dhol vagaad. ie. O drummer play ur drums.

There was a small stage where the singers n the musicians were ready to jam. Soon the music starts n the dhol sound fills in the atmosphere.
Everyone makes a big circle n start the garba.

O dholi taaro dhol baaje
Dhol baaje dhol baaje dhol
K dhum dhum baaje dhol
Re dhum dhum dhum baaje dhol

Fab 5, Harshad n NavNi all stand n watch them dancing as they do not know the steps of garba they all were doing.
Then Alok comes to them n gives each one a pair of dandiya (sticks) n asks them to participate in the dance. There were two circles- the inner circle of all the female dancers and the outer circle of all the male dancers. They both stood facing each other n with every change of music they had to change the partners going round n round. All enjoyed it. After an hour they took a break for dinner. Various delicacies were served n everyone ate to his her heart's content. Soon another round of dandiya session started but this time everyone was allowed to choose their own partners.
Harshad chose Mukti ( obviously)
Dhruv chose Aliya n Cabir chose Navya. Just when Manik was about to ask Nandani to b his dancing partner his phone buzz flashing Pa on the screen. He immediately moves to an isolated place n receives the call.

Here one of Alok's friends come n asks Nandani to join him as partner. She looks at Manik who was engrossed in his phone talk. She is reluctant to go but seeing Navya calling her by hand gestures she half heartedly joins him.

Meanwhile Manik finishes his call n comes back but gets pissed off when he sees Nandani dancing with some other boy. He was about to go to her when suddenly from nowhere a girl comes n forcefully drags Manik with her for playing dandiya with her.

Manik is not at all interested in playing dandiya. He didn't even look at his partner. He was busy keeping an eye on the boy dancing with Nandani. The boy tells Nandani something n she laughs hearing it. This was it for Manik. He immediately left the ground leaving his partner all confused.
Everyone was busy playing dandiya so nobody noticed what happened. But Nandani who was watching every move of Manik saw this n sensing something strange excuses herself n goes after Manik.
She looks everywhere for Manik but couldn't find any trace.

Nandani: (self talk) Abhi toh yahin tha itni jaldi kahan gayab ho gaya.

She goes inside the house but there was no one downstairs. She goes upstairs to look for him. The light jingling sound coming from her anklets made the atmosphere musical. Just when was heading towards Manik's room two hands hold her from her waist n pinned her to the wall. At first she was scared n was about to scream but when she saw the familiar pair of dark brown eyes she recognized who he was.

Manik: (holding her from waist) Looking for me Miss Murty.

Nandani: (in concerned tone) R u alright? Why did u leave the party n come here? (She unknowingly puts her one hand on his shoulder)

Manik: (pulls her closer) Why were u dancing with that jerk? Hmm (starts caressing her cheek with his thumb)

Nandani: (goes pink) Woh.....u were....busy on ur phone....so he asked me....for a ...dance...(Looks down)

Manik: (now caressing her lips with his thumb) U r beautiful. (brings his face close to her face. Their lips just inches apart from each other) U should have waited for me na. I didn't like it.

Nandani: What ( asks innocently)

Manik: (looks at her lips) I can't see u with anyone else. I don't know what is this feeling. I have never ever felt like this before. But whatever it is I m loving it.

Nandani: (whispers looking into his eyes) Maaniiik

Manik: (takes a deep breath n touches his nose with hers) My name sounds so musical from ur lips. I have actually started loving my name. ( He closes his eyes n joins their forehead) What r u doing to me Nandani? I m not able to control myself when u r around. (He nuzzles his face in her hair) Ur smell is bewitching. U r irresistible.

He looks at her face. Her eyes were closed. She was in a state where even she was going through the same feeling. She was liking his touch... his closeness. His hot breathes were making her go weak on her knees. His smell was also captivating.

Manik: (looking at her) Open ur eyes.

Nandani slowly opened her eyes n found him inches away from her face. They both share an intense eyelock absorbing each others presence.

Suddenly they some sound coming from downstairs. Both come out of their trance.

Nandani: Manik...koi aa raha hai....mujhe jaana hoga..

Manik moves away from her but his eyes r still not ready to leave her sight. She goes downstairs and finds Navya looking for her.

Navya: Nandani tum kahan chali gayi thi.

Nandani: Wo...wo...ya I went to washroom..... Chalen

Both NavNi goes to join others. Manik also comes after few minutes. The function is over n everybody being hell tired move towards their room and change n crash on the bed.

Both manan also slept thinking of the strange but lovely feeling they were developing for each other.

So this is it...
Thanks to my lovely readers who vote n comment on my story. I m just climbing the steps. Without ur support I won't b able to reach the peak. So always b there to support.

Any resemblance is purely coincidental.