Attraction

Malhotra Mansion 6:30 pm

Everyone was sitting in the living room.

Cabir: Guys we need to give more to practice. Remember, now we have only 20 days left n 4 songs still to b made.

Harshad: True. We need to complete the album before the deadline. And don't forget that out of the 5 songs u guys have to perform the best 2 in the concert. And one more thing, we have one more band performing in the concert..So it will b more like a competition. We need to pull our socks.

Manik: Sorry guys, I know I m not giving enough time to music but from tomorrow we will for sure practice for 3-4 hours daily. I will try to complete the office work before 5 so that we can practice in the evening.

Raj: Manik no need to stress urself. I will handle the office work for few days. U can go on with the album....even that is important.

Manik: No Pa, I will manage.

Raj: Manik, I have not taken retirement. I can still work for hours. Do one thing....u see the morning work n I will handle the afternoon session. Is this ok with u?

Manik knows that he can't win in the argument with his father so he agrees.

After that they played some music. Harshad helped Fab5 with the lyrics of a song n after an hour's hard work they were able to make a wonderful mukhda.
It goes like this-
Ruthe khawabon ko manalenge
Katti patangon ko thamenge
Ha ha hai jazbaa
Ho ho hai jazbaa
Suljha lenge uljhe rishton ka maanjha
Haan maanjhan

All sat at the dining table.

Raj: So, tomorrow u all r going to Soha's party.

Mukti suddenly start coughing. Alia rubbed her back n gave her water to drink. All looked at her.

Nyo: Mukti achanak kya hua....dheere dheere khao bachcha.

Cabir: Haan uncle woh actually we all r going except Mukti and Harshad.

Raj: Why what happened? Why u two r not going?

Harshad: Woh...actually uncle tomorrow evening I m having a very important meeting which I can't skip.

Raj: Ok...but Mukti why aren't u going?

Mukti: Woh....Pa...

Everyone looks at her.

Harshad: Woh uncle ( holding her hand under the table) mein aur Mukti...actually we had already planned a date and everything is set so...

Raj: (laughing loud) Oho....So this is ur important meeting. Come on Harshad and Mukti, do u think ur parents r so orthodox that they won't allow u to go. U both enjoy, we r happy if both r happy together.

Everyone cheers.

Mukti gets up from her seat n hugs Raj n says 'thank u Pa'

Manik: Yes u both enjoy...we r there na....we all will attend the party on ur behalf.

Nyo: I will ask Nandani and Navya also to come here and then u all can leave from here together.

Manik's face brightened listening Nandani's name.

Manik: (self thought) I can't wait to spend time with you Nandani. Bas ab kal shaam ka intezaar hai.

After bidding goodbyes to Fab 3 n Harshad, Manik retires to bed.

Murty Mansion evening

Navya narrated the whole Soha incident to Nandani that how she went to Manik's cabin without permission and Manik got angry. Nandani didn't like Soha's intentions but she didn't say in front of Navya.

Soon they both finished their dinner and went to their respective rooms.

Nandani pov

Soha is definitely upto something. I can feel it strongly. Mukti is right...she is targeting Manik. Does she like him?....hmm...May b....can't predict anything about this girl. She falls for every second guy. But Manik....he is different. No....no...Aaiyappa pls keep Manik safe from Soha. But why I m worrying so much? Manik knows Soha's deeds very well and he even dislikes her. Still why I felt bad when Navya told me about Soha n Manik.
Why I like when Manik comes near me....holds me....touches me....his proximity makes me go insane. In fact I love when he is close to me....wait....what did I say.....love...do I love him....I don't know whether it is love or not but yet it is definitely something more than liking....Manik...(she gives a blushing smile and covers her face with a pillow)

Suddenly her phone buzz. She immediately picks up the phone n her eyes widen seeing the name on the screen.

Nandani: He...llo...

Manik: Hey beautiful, hope u r not sleeping.

Nandani: (bites her lower lip smilingly) no...not yet.....what happen..

Manik: Bas yuhin tumse baat karne ka mann kiya so phone laga liya. Tumhe agar baat nahin karni to its alright.

Nandani: Arey....nahi...when did I say that..

Manik: (chuckles) O...So...even u wanted to talk to me. Then u should have called me...or do YOU...want ME to come...there...

Nandani: MANIK

Manik: Ok ok just kidding. So tomorrow evening u come here n we all will leave at 7 sharp.

Nandani: Manik....woh...mein...woh..

Manik: Woh...mein...woh kya Nandani. Tell me what happened?

Nandani: Actually I have jitters. I strongly feel that Soha is upto something. Mukti is right u should b careful.

Manik: Shhhh...Nandani....listen...I know this Soha kind of girls. They don't effect me at all. U know Nandani...when I was in London...many pretty ladies roamed around me.....always ready to throw themselves on me....But u know what no one had that charm to attract me. My friends had girlfriends but I never had any coz I believed that no girl in this world has the power to make The Manik Malhotra fall for her. ( Nandani was listening to him very calmly) But then...YOU came in my life.....the day I saw u I felt something different.....something strange...
My eyes craved to see u more...I got attracted towards u and this attraction kept on increasing day by day. My eyes craved to see u....my ears craved to listen ur voice....my heart craved to hold u in my arms...all my senses become insane when u r around.

Nandani had tears of happiness in her eyes emoting " Manik I feel the same for u". She had tears in her eyes but also there was a constant smile on her lips.

Manik: Nandani u r special. I don't know why but I always want u to b around me. Don't u feel anything for me?

Nandani was perplexed as what to say.

Nandani: Manik...I have never allowed any stranger to come close to me....never allowed anyone to touch me....but u....now u tell me do I need to answer ur question...I have never felt uncomfortable with u being so close to me. Yes...u r different...u r special...

Manik smiled broadly and his heart danced making him feel every beat of it. He was happy to know that Nandani felt the same for him. He so wanted to hug her tightly.

Manik: Nandani I m coming in 10

Nandani: Manik...Manik...no...pls...don't....just look at the time...it's quite late and we r meeting tomorrow na...so pls...Manik...

Manik: (calmly down his excitement) ok Ms Murty...I m not coming....but....only on one condition...

Nandani: (all confused) what...

Manik: U will have to fulfill my wish.

Nandani: Manik what wish...tell me...

Manik: That I will tell u tomorrow when we will meet but right now I want a promise from u that u will fulfill my wish.

Nandani: Manik I promise I will but now pls sleep. Goodnight

Manik: Good night beautiful....

Both slept with a smile waiting for the new day hoping to see each other soon.