Simple and Serene

Malhotra Mansion evening 6:30

Fab 5 has been practicing since 5 o'clock. Harshad was also there with them. They have made a wonderful song for the concert. It goes like this-

Hey now hey now
Everybody put ur hands up in the air now
Uski aankhon mein baatein
Baaton mein jaadu
Jaadu mein kho gaye hum
Ho gaye bekabu
I looked at u
U looked at me
Aur ho gayi mushkil
Then u became my destiny
Tu hi meri manzil
Dus bahane karke le gaye dil
Le gaye dil dus bahane karke
Le gaye dil......

After an amazing session they all come down n join Raj n Nyo. Just then Nandani and Navya enter the house.

Manik's breath stucks for a moment. Nandani was looking very beautiful. She had tied up her hair on one side n was wearing an off white sleeveless one piece. Her milky white skin glowed more in that outfit. She was wearing a strawberry colour lipstick. She wasn't wearing any accessories yet she was looking very pretty.
Manik's gaze got fixed on her. Her beauty caught his breath. She looked at Manik n gave him a hearty smile.

Manik pov

This girl has got killer looks. So simple yet so beautiful. Like how......how she everytime manage to look so pretty. She doesn't even need any accessories or make up. And her smile......God....She is gonna kill me. Those lips highlighted in the strawberry colour look so yummy. How I wish I could taste them. And that mole on her neck is just driving me crazy. It is really difficult to keep myself sane when she is around. God pls don't try my patience.....I m gonna lose.

He was back to senses when Raj's phone buzz. While Raj was talking on the phone everyone greets Nandani and Navya n congratulate Nandani for her successful operation. Cabir n Navya have a cute eyelock which is noticed by Nandani n she smiles looking at this.
Here Raj also finishes his talk n congratulates Nandani. He then asks everyone to sit as he wanted to tell them something important.

Raj: Manik, just now Mr Shah called up to say that our first consignment has reached before date n he is very happy. (Everyone smiles) He has also invited all of us to his hometown Baroda for the kite flying festival. It's a famous festival of Gujarat and he wants us to celebrate it with his family.

Cabir: Kite flying festival.....sounds interesting.

Manik: But pa, how can I go. I mean u have just given me the responsibility of CEO so I need to look after certain matters.

Raj: Manik no need to worry. I have given two days holiday to all as there was not much work to do. And I m here only so in case any problem arises I will look after it. Abhi retire nahi hua hun.

Mukti: Pa, but why u aren't coming?

Raj: Actually Nyo n I r already going to a friend's farm house for two days. So it won't b possible for us to come. But I have told Mr Shah that u guys will definitely come. And yes Harshad, Navya n Nandani u r also going.

Harshad: I m in uncle. Waise bhi I need a break. ( He looks at Mukti n she winks at him)

Navya: I will come only if Nandani is coming. (She looks at Nandani)

Nandani: Uncle I would love to but first I will have to see whether any senior doctor is available during my absence. My patients r my first priority. But Navya u go. Don't spoil it because of me.

Cabir is happy hearing this but our dear Manik gets upset. He wants Nandani to accompany him.

Raj: Ok beta see if u can make it. And haan Mr Shah has booked his private plane for u guys so b ready tomorrow evening at 7.

Everyone in unison: Yes sir

Nyo: Chalo now let's have dinner.

Everyone heads towards the dining table to have dinner but our Manik is desperate to talk to Nandani. Everyone is walking ahead except Manik n Nandani.
Manik finding an opportunity holds Nandani by hand n drags her to a nearby room n pin her to the wall.

His act was so sudden that Nandani couldn't understand anything.
Manik was holding her from her waist with one hand n his other hand was on her shoulder.

Nandani: What r doing?

Manik putting his finger on her lips: Shhhhhh. U r coming with us. I don't know how but yes u have to come.

Nandani: Manik, I have already told that I will have to see if any senior doctor can replace me for these two days. And Waise bhi every one is there na so what if I m not.....

Manik not letting her finish: I want u to b there. Pls mujhe acha lagega.

(He starts coming closer to her face. Both have an eyelock. Manik is so close to her face that Nandani could feel his hot breathes.)

Manik coming near to her ear whispers: For me.... pls come.

He takes a deep breath inhaling her smell and looks into her eyes.

Manik: U r looking very pretty today. ( He slowly tucks a hair strand at the back of her ear)

Nandani is captivated. She is not able to speak anything. She keeps looking into his eyes. Manik then slowly moves his hands from her waist and releases her. He asks her to join for dinner.
Manik goes n sits at the dining table. Nandani also comes there n sits just opposite to Manik.

Navya: Arey Nandani where were u?

Manik looks at Nandani

Nandani (stammering): I ...I....had gone...to the washroom. (She looks at Manik who gives her his famous smirk)

They all have dinner. Manik n Nandani kept glancing at each other. Thankfully everyone was busy planning for the trip.
After dinner everyone leaves for their respective home.
Nandani looks at Manik who was already watching her. They both give a smile to each other as if saying good night. Nandani n Navya leaves n Manik goes to his room.

Nandani kept tossing on the bed. She was trying to understand what happened today.

Nandani pov

What was that! I mean he just pulled me into the room. His face was so close to mine that I could feel his hot breathes. And why does he want me to accompany him. He looked so desperate for having me on this trip. But....why...His proximity was arousing a havoc inside me. When he just whispered in my ears I went numb. I was drowning in his brown eyes. Aaiyappa what is this? It's....it's so confusing.

She sleeps thinking of him.

So this is it for today. Guys I m from Gujarat n yes kite flying festival is really famous here. I m going to have great time. Happy Makarsankranti (uttarayan) to all the lovely readers. Keep smiling....

Any resemblance is purely coincidental.