Kyunki Tum Hi Ho

"Congratulations Manik"...a very known voice greeted him and everyone looked in the direction of the door. Manik was both happy n shocked to see that person.

"Khurana"...Raj was happy to see his age old friend back. "Arey darwaze par kyun khada hai...andar aana." Raj went and hugged him tight. "Kaisa hai tu? Kab aaya Australia se?"...Raj asked him while walking him inside the house.

There was a certain kind of hesitation in Khurana's behaviour which could b clearly seen in his walk. Raj literally had to drag him holding him from his arms. "Mein kal hi wapas aaya hun" Khurana answered in a very low voice.

"Namaste bhaisaab, kaise hain aap?"...Nyonika greeted him with a warm smile.

"Mein thik hun bhabhi, aap sab kaise hain"...he smiled but his smile didn't reach upto his ears.

"Bhai... tu kabse itna formal hogaya...aur yeh kya ajnabiyon ki tarah behave kar raha hai." Raj spoke feeling an awkwardness in his behaviour. "Pehle toh jab bhi aata tha toh darwaaze se chillate hue aata tha...ab kya hua? Tujh par na yeh sad version suit nahi hota. Tujh par toh wohi typical Punjabi mood...masti wala mood hi acha lagta hai."...Raj smilingly hugged him.

Manik and the rest had not moved from their place. They too noticed hesitation in Khurana's body language.
Manik when first saw him felt happy to see him after so many days but his presence also reminded him of Soha and his expressions immediately took a shocking look..."Kahin Soha phir se toh nahi aagayi!!!" His mind was busy thinking this. He had great respect for Khurana but his association with Soha made him a bit worried. Afterall she is his daughter and for a father his daughter's wish is always the first priority. Manik felt constant nudging on his arm which brought him out of his thinking process. He looked to his left and found Mukti whispering his name. "Bhai...Bhai...where r u lost? Let's atleast go n meet Khurana uncle. I know what is worrying you and we can talk about it later...but for now let us meet him. Don't forget, he is Paa's best friend cum brother...and look at Paa how happy he looks seeing him back. Bhai please for Paa...let us keep aside our worry and go there. Nandini hoti toh woh bhi yahi kehti."

Manik carefully listened to Mukti and felt she is right. Mr Khurana is family and just because of Soha he can't judge his loyalty as a friend and family. He nodded and everyone proceeded to meet him.

"Namaste uncle, how r u?" Manik asked him touching his feet.

"Bas bas pair mat chu beta...gale lag mere...congratulations...(he hugged him and patted his back). Andar aate waqt maine suna ki tujhe award milne wala hai...mein bahut khush hun beta. Zindagi mein tum yunhi aagey badhte raho yahi dua hai meri." He was genuinely happy.

Mukti and others also greeted Khurana. He was happy to receive the same love and respect from all. Somewhere in his heart he had this fear..."Kahin Soha ki wajah se sab mujhse bhi toh nafrat nahi karne lagenge? Main kaise face karunga apne dost ko? Kya humara rishta phir se pehle jaisa reh paayega?" All these questions were making him doubtful but then he decided to meet his friend and say sorry for whatever they had to face because of his daughter's madness. So after gathering lot of courage he came to meet Raj. And now he was happy he did that. He was receiving the same love and respect in this family which he used to get before Soha did that drama.

"Bhai tujhe ek aur baat k liye Manik ko badhai deni padegi"...Raj said happily and Khurana asked..."Kyun nahi par pehle bata toh sahi kis baat k liye."

Raj stood beside Manik and wrapping his arms around Manik's shoulder answered..."Kuch hi dino mein Manik aur Nandini ki engagement hone wali hai."