Our Choices

Malhotra Mansion was buzzing with people around. The decorators were busy adorning the Mansion with colourful lights and drapes.
Manik was busy supervising them. Dhruv was at Cabir's kitchen helping him with the catering stuff. They were getting all the necessary things loaded in a lorry alongwith some waiters. Soon they were all at the Mansion. A separate area at the back of the Mansion was arranged for the caterers. They unloaded the stuff from the lorry and got busy with their job.
Harshad and Alya were also at the Mansion as the ceremony was being held at Malhotra Mansion.
Alya, Mukti and Navya were having their facials done.
Harshad and Raj were checking the invitation list in case they missed out somebody.

(Actually when Harshad's parents died, their company was facing financial crisis. All the close relatives of Harshad's family turned their faces away as they feared that Harshad might ask them for financial assistance. Only Harshad's maternal aunt stood by him. She did not have her own children and also her husband died fighting at the borders. Whatever money she had with her she gave it to Harshad and that helped him a lot in regaining his companies assests. Moreover his day and night hard work paid off and rest is history now. He is the owner of the most successful event companies. His only saviour his maternal aunt also died two years back due to lung cancer. Now he has only Alya in the name of relative.)

Back to current proceedings...Nyo was attending the guests and relatives. Amms was cross checking the list of things that Panditji had ordered for the puja that was to be held before the engagement ceremony.
Cabir was busy getting the lunch ready. Dhruv went to check the decorations as Nyo called Manik to meet some of their close relatives. Navya after getting her facial done joined Amms to help her while Alya stayed with Mukti to give her company.

Finally around noon everything was done. The tables were laid for the lunch and everyone moved to have it.
Manik was at the parking seeing off his office manager who had come for some signatures, when he saw Nandini stepping in carrying few carry bags in her hands. Seeing her struggling with the bags he ran to help her.

Manik took the bags from her hands: Shona...what's all this stuff.

Nandini: Actually Mukti called me up to collect these dresses that they had given it for alteration yesterday. Where is she?

Manik: She is in her room. I'll ask the servant to give these bags to her...u first come and have lunch. I was waiting for u and now I m really hungry.

Nandini: What is this Manik? You should have had ur lunch na...why did u wait for me?

Manik: Because Shona...I wanted to have lunch with u...so now stop making these cute pouts and come or else I will eat you right now. He called a maid servant and handed her the bags.

Nandini and Manik then went to have lunch. Harshad, Cabir and Dhruv also joined them.

Nyo and Amms were sitting  in the hall with the guests and the relatives.

One of the relatives: Nyo, Mukti k liye toh bahut hi sona munda dhoondha hai tune...she said looking at Harshad...ab Manik k liye bhi koi soni kudi pasand karle.

Another lady: Arey meri nazar mein bahut se ache rishte hain...tum kaho toh baat chalaun.

Amms was listening the conversation intently.

Nyo: Humne yeh faisla Manik par chhodh diya hai...tumhe toh pata hai aaj kal k bache khud hi apna life partner choose karna pasand karte hain....she tried to avoid further discussion saying....I think now we should all get ready...puja ka samay ho raha hai.

Everyone got busy getting ready. Cabir, Dhruv n Harshad went to Manik's room to change. They had brought their change with them as they all decided to get ready at Malhotra house only.