Insecurities 🥀

>Jungkook a poor villager was chosen to be Taehyung, the future king's, prince. They loved one another with everything they had. One day Taehyung decided he no longer wanted to become king, and his only resort was running away with Jungkook. But Jungkook didn't think he was a good influence nor did he think he was good enough to be with the future king. What will Jungkook decide to do?<
Mentions of-
•insecurities (not feeling they're good enough)
•running away

Requested by @Supnothing

"Jungkookie" Taehyung called out to the boy who was studying the flowers in the palace's garden.
"T-Taehyung" Jungkook smiled, turning his head to look at the prince who was walking towards him.
Jungkook stood up slowly and walked up to the prince. Taehyung wrapped his arms around Jungkook's waist, as Jungkook rested his arms on Tae's chest.
"You look beautiful my prince" Tae sang tucking a piece of hair behind Jungkook's ear.
Jungkook blushed softly, averting his eyes away from Tae's sweet glare.
"Jungkook baby, are you happy?" Tae genuinely asked, pressing his lips onto the boys forehead.

Jungkook was hesitant with his response. His mind questioned in what way did the male mean. Did he mean was he happy with him? Was he happy that he was a prince? Was he happy that he was living in a huge palace, instead of his small home in the village? He didn't know how to respond. Of course he loved Taehyung a lot, and just Taehyung in general makes him happy, but the life they are in isn't so happy. To be a prince, you have to be confident, valiant, you have to walk with pride... but Jungkook felt he was the opposite. He was fragile, shy, and lacked confidence. He came from a poor family who lived off bread and rice everyday. A prince was never what Jungkook had pictured in his future, yet he became one and this his how...

Taehyung was going to be king in a years time, he was the eldest out of the two siblings meaning he was the next in throne to become king. To become king, Taehyung must have a prince or princess to be the queen of the kingdom. Taehyung tried to bond with any Princess or Prince his Mother set him up with, but he couldn't. That was when he decided to go on a walk and greet some villagers.

As he was walking away he stumbled across a boy, close to a baby deer. The boy noticed him and called Taehyung to walk slowly towards him. The two stood there and began creeping to the deer, before they finally were close enough to touch it gently. It was a magical moment for both of the men. From then on Taehyung visited Jungkook and after a few months asked him to become his prince.

Jungkook was surprised, he couldn't understand why the soon to be king would want a village boy to be his prince and rule the kingdom with him. But Taehyung practically pleaded and so Jungkook agreed. At first it was amazing and they were happy with one another but the sooner they got closer to the coronation day the harder it became for Jungkook. Most of the parliament all thought Prince Taehyung was insane to marry a villager, but Taehyung didn't care, nor did Taehyung's father.

"Koo?" Prince Taehyung called out to the boy who was completely zoned out.
Jungkook shook his head, as he zoned back in and looked at Tae with a soft expression.
"W-what did you say?" Jungkook asked under his breath.
"Are you happy with this life? Are you happy with me?" Taehyung asked in a deep tone.
Jungkook looked at him with wide doe eyes.
"Of course" Jungkook immediately, there was no way he could deny his love for Taehyung.
"Are you sure? Because this life isn't easy, I myself, is finding this life difficult" Taehyung sighed, placing his head onto Jungkook's shoulder.

Jungkook held onto Taehyung a little tighter and drew small patterns on the prince's back.
"There are some days where I wish we could run away together, I love you my prince I really do, but my fantasies, they could only make me fully happy" Jungkook ran his fingers through the elders hair.
"I would love to run away, I never wanted to be king. I was always happy to help my kingdom, but I never wanted to be the king. Let's leave, my brother can reign, they don't need me. Let's leave at sunrise tomorrow" Tae said pulling away from Jungkook's embrace. He looked at the younger with pure eyes, Jungkook couldn't even miss the sincerity in his eyes.