best destination 🥀

>Taehyung was on a business trip and Jungkook his husband was struggling to cope<
Mentions of-
•depression
•eating disorder

"How was your day? Have you been resting well? Did you eat?" Jungkook blurted out a ton of questions to his husband on face time.
"I'm fine baby, I've been eating plenty" Taehyung chuckled at Jungkook.
"Do you promise?" Jungkook pouted fiddling with the ends of his sleeves, as he laid on the bed, resting his phone on the pillow.
"Of course baby, how are... oh hold on baby I'm getting a call" Taehyung grabbed his work phone and answered the call.
"Hello this is Mr Kim speaking?" Taehyung said in his work voice.

Jungkook sat there awkwardly, waiting for Tae to put down his phone, but he knew what would happen. He knew that Taehyung would have to say goodbye, it's like this every night. They face time, get interrupted, and Tae has to leave. It's already been 5 months, and Taehyung hasn't said anything about coming home yet. When ever Jungkook asks he just says 'soon'. But he said the same thing 3 months ago. Jungkook had been left alone in their massive house for 5 months. It wasn't easy, but all Jungkook wanted to do was support his husband, and so he'd always have to display a brave face.

Taehyung huffed once the phone call ended and turned to Jungkook.
"Baby, I'm so so sorry, I've got to go, I have a meeting in 5 minutes. I'll message you later okay" Taehyung tried to smile.
"Yeah it's okay Taetae, we'll talk later... have fun" Jungkook weakly smiled.
"Love you bub" Taehyung moved forward and displayed his kissy lips in the full screen.
Jungkook giggled lightly and did the same, before the elder hung up.

The hang up sound echoed through the cold room. Jungkook stood up and went downstairs, dragging his feet along the floorboards. He went to the kitchen and went straight to the fridge. He didn't even flinch at the empty fridge, which only had a pint of milk and some butter in. He grabbed the milk and poured it into a glass. He downed the drink and put it back into the fridge. He then walked back upstairs and wrapped himself in the duvet.

Jungkook wasn't doing well. It was hard, really hard. He craved for his husbands touch, his cuddles and his kisses. It had been so long, that even Taehyung's smell on his jumpers had vanished. He couldn't pull out Tae's jumpers and find comfort from them anymore, because the smell was gone. He barely ate, he couldn't bring himself to, although Tae would still face time him Jungkook missed everything about him. He didn't want to seem dramatic, but he couldn't help it.

Jungkook laid on the bed lifeless. He laid on his side and faced the empty side of he bed. It was the side which Taehyung sleeps on. He saw the wall he was facing and saw the small picture frames of him and Tae. There were pictures from their first date, their wedding, and other places they went to together. All the photos had them laughing, and huge smiles plastered on their face. Tears rolled down Jungkook's cheek as he looked at how happy he was. It just showed Jungkook how different he is as a person with and without Tae.

He didn't want to cry, he hadn't cried in a few months. He wanted to be strong for Taehyung, I mean he's only on a business trip. He didn't want to be that person who tells his husband that he misses him so much that he'll just drop everything that he's doing and come straight home. He knew how important this was for his business, its just taking longer than Jungkook expected. He can't even count down the days, because Tae hasn't told him anything, which Jungkook couldn't understand but he wanted to respect that. But Jungkook did miss him, he misses him like crazy, to the point his heart physically ached. But it was hopeless all he could do was wait.

Jungkook hugged a pillow close to his chest as he sobbed into it. His head began to throb, and his eyes became heavy. The air became thick and heavy and Jungkook fell into a deep sleep.

While on the other hand Taehyung was in the car. He didn't have a meeting, he had his flight to catch, a flight which would lead him to the best destination he could ever fly to...home. After 5 months he was finally going home. He finished his business in Indonesia, and he could finally go home. The flight was 4 hours and luckily South Korea is 2 hours ahead, so he wouldn't be home too late. He felt bad for Jungkook, he didn't want to go on the trip in the first place. He never wanted to be gone for 5 months, it was only supposed to be 1 month but there was many problems. But finally it was all sorted. He wanted to keep it a surprise so he never told the younger when he was coming home.

This was why Taehyung was in the car. He was finally pulling into the drive, the house he hasn't seen in 5 months was finally in front of his eyes. He parked the car and hopped out, leaving his bags in the car which he'd retrieve later. He noticed that the lights were on, as it was only 10pm, and he expected Jungkook to be awake. He grabbed his key and unlocked the door. He walked in trying not to make too much noise and took his shoes off, placing them next to Jungkook's. He looked around and saw the house fully cleaned.

He walked to the kitchen and looked through the cupboards for a snack, but there was nothing. Taehyung frowned and looked in the kitchen, which once again was empty. Taehyung rubbed his head anxiously and decided to go find Jungkook, the person who hes wanted in his arms for what felt like years.

He walked up the stairs and saw the door to their bedroom was slightly open. There was a faint light which made Taehyung smile with eager. Taehyung crept into the room and saw Jungkook fast asleep. All Taehyung wanted to do was pounce onto him and shower him with kisses. But when he saw the younger's face he was scared. It wasn't the usual chubby cheeks he was used to, it was skinny, pale and covered in tears. Taehyung was terrified, he wanted to blame himself for everything. He couldn't believe that he thought Jungkook would be okay for 5 months on his own.

Taehyung walked to the bed and sat on his side. It was freezing, the bed was absolutely freezing. Taehyung looked down and slowly brought his hand up to Jungkook's face. He wiped the tears which flowed down the boys cheek which made Jungkook open his eyes. He looked at the person next to him and gasped. He sat up and looked at him, rubbing his eyes with his jumper. He thought he was seeing things.
"H-hyungie?" Jungkook called out as his voice cracked.
"Hey baby" Taehyung smiled softly.

Jungkook's eyes watered once again and he jumped onto the male happily. He wrapped his arms around Tae's neck, and his legs around Tae's waist.
"I can't believe it" Jungkook cried into Tae's neck, socking the males skin.
Taehyung wrapped his arms around Jungkook's body and rocked them gently side to side. He pressed a kiss onto Jungkook's head, not pulling his lips away. He tried calming the boy down, which happened pretty quickly by husking sweet words into his ear.

Jungkook pulled away from his neck, still keeping hold of Taehyung tightly.
"Come here beautiful" Taehyung whispered, pulling Jungkook's face to his, attaching their lips into a sweet kiss.
The feeling they've both been craving the most, was finally resolved. Jungkook cried into the kiss, his salty tears feeding their way into the kiss. Jungkook never pulled although his lungs were struggling he didn't want to pull away.

Not too long later they pulled away and rested their foreheads together.
"Please don't go again, I beg you. I didn't want to be selfish but I can't go without you for another minute. You're my life, my oxygen, I felt suffocated without. Please, don't go again" Jungkook cried in sadness.
Taehgung held him close, his eyes pricking with tears.
"I won't baby, never again. I won't ever do that to you again I promise. I hated it as well, I missed my amazing wifey. I love you so much baby, I'm so sorry" Taehyung apologised repeatedly.
"I love you too hubby" Jungkook sniffed.
Taehyung rubbed his waist softly, noticing how skinny the boy was.
"Baby I want you to be honest, have you been eating properly?"
Jungkook gasped lightly and tried to think what to say, but he couldn't lie.
"I'm s-sorry hyungie I didn't feel hungry enough" Jungkook admitted, not bringing his face out Tae's nape.
"I'm sorry baby, it's okay I understand, but I'll be making you amazing meals from now on okay" Taehyung rubbed his waist softly.
Jungkook slowly nodded and shut his eyes.

They ended up sleeping in this position. Taehyung hadn't even changed. Jungkook was holding him tight as he slept in case he left again, which wouldn't happen. Taehyung held the younger protectively in his arms.

For the whole day the next day, Jungkook clung to Taehyung like a koala. He was too afraid to let go. Of course Tae didn't mind, he wanted to him to know that he wasn't going anywhere.