Cold love 🥀

>Taehyung is the leader of a huge mafia gang and also married to Jungkook his high school sweetheart. However Taehyung has been cold ever since they got married. Jungkook was fed up with the lack of love he got from Tae and he ended up thinking there was no other option than to leave the world. Will Tae save him just in time?<
Mentions of-
•Suicidal thoughts and near suicide ⚠️
•Cold husband
•Mafia

Taehyung walked through the door at 2am one night. He shoved his shoes off, and walked to his room. He opened the door and saw that the bedroom light was still on. He looked at the person sitting on the bed and quickly looked in the opposite direction, when he noticed his husband was looking at him.
"Are you okay?" Jungkook asked him gently.
"I'm fine" Taehyung grumbled as he placed the gun which was buckled on his hip, on top of the chest of draws.
Jungkook just nodded, knowing that he wouldn't get a lot out of his husband.
"D-did you get any injuries?" Jungkook asked fiddling with the duvet.
"Might of done" Tae shrugged as he took his shirt off.

That was when Jungkook saw a huge scratch on his back. Jungkook jumped out of the bed and placed his hand on the elders back.
"Taehyung that looks like it hurts, here let me hel.."
"Stop, I can do it myself" Taehyung growled making Jungkook gulp.
"J-just let me help" Jungkook chocked out nervously.
"Jungkook I said I can do it myself"
"I'm not taking no as an answer, sit down..now!" Jungkook screamed at the blunt male.
"Fine" Taehyung huffed sitting on the edge on the bed.

Jungkook grabbed some stuff from the draw and sat down behind him. He ran his fingers down Taehyung's back, lightly placing his finger over some old bruises. Jungkook began cleaning the scratch with cream, rubbing it in gently. Taehyung didn't even flinch, nor did he hiss from the cream. He just sat there in silence.
"All done" Jungkook squeaked out.

Taehyung stood up and finished getting into his comfortable clothing. Jungkook had gotten back into bed and snuggled up in the duvet. Taehyung turned the light off and then slipped under the duvet on other side, turning away, showing his back to the younger. Jungkook sighed and waited a while till he heard soft breaths coming from the side of him. Jungkook then shuffled closer and draped an arm over Tae's waist and rested it on his chest, and snuggled up to the back of Tae's neck. Tae wasn't asleep, and he could feel his husband hugging him, but he didn't move. He just let it happen.

Jungkook and Taehyung have been married for a year now. They met in high school and fell in love. Taehyung used to be so clingy and soft when it came to Jungkook, but ever since they got married Taehyung has been cold, and distant. Jungkook tried his best to show his love but it wasn't easy when Taehyung would be so blunt with him. Jungkook didn't have any other friends, nor did he have any family. All he had was his husband and that was it. It was difficult, and at times very lonely, but he kept telling himself to be strong for Tae.

Taehyung is the leader of a mafia group, not just any silly, teen mafia. He was the leader of one of the worlds biggest mafia groups. He had to deal with deaths, injuries, drugs, burglaries all the time. Then Jungkook, would have to stay at home and just pray Taehyung would come home safe. He would stay up every night and wait till Taehyung was home, so he knew he was safe. Jungkook always had to be on edge, as Tae's job was dangerous, and it could result in Tae's death.

Jungkook woke up to Taehyung fast asleep. He ran his fingers through the elders hair softly and placed a kiss on his cheek. He then carefully stood up not wanting to wake the boy up and made his way downstairs. He walked to the kitchen and grabbed a frying pan out of the cupboard. He began making breakfast for both him and Taehyung and dished it up. Just as he placed the food on the table he heard Taehyung running down the stairs.

"I-I've made you breakfast" Jungkook called out in a quiet voice.
"I'll get something later" Taehyung said as he grabbed a bottle of water out the fridge.
"W-where are you going? I've already made it" Jungkook sighed.
"Work, just eat it yourself, I dunno" Taehyung shrugged as he grabbed his keys.
"Yeah okay, bye, I love you" Jungkook said looking at Tae's back.
"Yeah I do too, bye" Taehyung said walking out the house, shutting the door behind him.

Jungkook sighed and held the counter as he tried to stable his breathing. Tears fell down his cheeks, unable to control himself anymore. He grabbed the plates of food and shoved it all in the bin, not even eating himself. He fell down to the floor and cried into his hands. He tried to be strong, hoping the elder would begin to love him again. But nothing was working. He couldn't take it anymore.

Jungkook took a deep breath and ran upstairs. His eyes darted around the room and saw Tae's gun on the counter where he left it last night. Jungkook noticed there was one bullet left. He grabbed the gun in his hands and sat on the bed. He grabbed a picture which he kept hidden under the bed. It was a picture of him and Tae when they were in high school. Jungkook placed the picture on his lap as he held the gun up to his heart with both hands. His fingers lingered over the trigger and was about to press it until he was stopped.

Taehyung realised he had left his gun in his room, so he ran back to the house. He opened the door and noticed Jungkook wasn't in the kitchen. He ran upstairs, to their room and heard loud cries coming from their bedroom.
He opened the door to see Jungkook bringing his gun up to his heart. Taehyung looked at him in horror.

"Jungkook!" Taehyung screamed.
The younger looked towards the door to see Taehyung standing there with tear filled eyes. Jungkook looked at the gun and then back at Taehyung. The elder pounced towards him and grabbed the gun out his hands, throwing it to the side. He fell to his knees in front of Jungkook and grabbed his hands in his own. He brought their hands in front of his mouth and kissed them.

"I'm so sorry. I'm so sorry Jungkook, my baby. I can't believe I let it get to the point you wanted to kill yourself. I'm so sorry. I love you, I really do. I'm so sorry I've been so cold to you, I'm sorry I don't show my love to you. I'm sorry that I'm not like what I used to be. It sounds so stupid, but I've been trying to protect you. Ever since we married, you've been at risk. There are so many mafia's which want both you and me dead, it's uncountable. I'm afraid that people will take you away from me because you're the one I love the most. So I thought if I was cold to you they wouldn't want to take you away from me" Taehyung cried into Jungkook's hands, clutching onto him tightly.
"I really do love you and I'll change for you. But please don't hurt yourself because of me. I'm so sorry I haven't been taking care of you. I love you, I love you so much" Taehyung cracked.

Jungkook watched him with tears flowing down his face. He hadn't seen Taehyung cry like this in years. Jungkook was so surprised, he didn't expect such an outburst from the older. But it made him realise Taehyung's side. He always thought that Tae didn't love him, and he always wondered why he was cold the minute they were married.

"Tae, I'm so sorry, I didn't think about it like that. I should have been more understanding from your point of view. I love you so much, I shouldn't have been so careless" Jungkook held Tae's hands just as tight.
"No no don't blame yourself, please don't leave me. I won't be able to live if you're not by my side. I promise I'll be myself again, a-and I'll protect you at the same time. Just please don't leave me petal" Taehyung cried.
"Tae I'm not leaving you, never will I leave you. I love you, and thank you for promising that to me. Just please don't shut me out" Jungkook pleaded.
"I won't, I promise" Taehyung whispered, looking up at Jungkook.

Taehyung stood up and sat next to Jungkook on the bed. He wrapped his arms around Jungkook and held onto him tightly. Tae pulled Jungkook onto his lap and Jungkook snuggled into his chest. Tae kissed the top of Jungkook's head over and over again, apologising to boy. Jungkook smiled softly, happy that he got his Tae back after a year. He looked up and leant forward, puckering his lips out. Taehyung chuckled and pulled Jungkook into a sweet kiss.
"I love you koo baby" Taehyung kissed him repeatedly on his lips, making Jungkook giggle sweetly.