Guardian 🥀

>Taehyung is a guardian fairy, and when he meets his soulmate he will turn into a human. However Taehyung believed it was all just a stupid myth, but that was all until he was instructed to protect Jeon Jungkook<
Mentions of-
•FairyXhuman
•Near suicide attempt ⚠️

Requested by @tk_taekookie

"Taehyung don't lose hope, you'll find your soulmate soon" Jimin tried to cheer his best friend up who was currently looking at the rain bouncing off the windows.
"Jimin I never had any hope, the whole soulmate thing is a lie. How can a fairy possibly turn into a human after meeting their soulmate? How do adapt to the real world after being a fairy for years? I really don't understand, and no one is giving me answers, so i'm choosing not to believe" Taehyung sighed and pressed his finger against the window.
"Well you're not going to find your soulmate, by lazing around all day drowning yourself in your sorrows" Jimin sighed, walking away from his friend as he didn't want to deal with his negativity.

Taehyung was a fairy, not like a tooth fairy or tinker bell. But instead a protector fairy. They are assigned to protect humans when they need protecting. This could be because they are mentally unstable and need protection from death, or maybe they need protecting from a family member. Whenever someone needs protecting and deserve the protection, they'll be assigned the job to protect them. No they don't have wings, or silly shoes, they look like a normal human, but has magic.

If the fairy comes across their soulmate when they are protecting their human or when they are within the human world, they will fully turn into the human and can live freely. If the fairy's soulmate is the person they need to protect, the fairy will change into a human by one touch of their soulmate and will the be able the protect them without the need for magic. But Taehyung believed it was all just a myth. He thought the whole soulmate thing was a myth, and didn't want to believe in the stories his parents, friends, friends parents, told.

Taehyung was currently making himself some dinner, but was cut off by his phone ringing. Taehyung stopped what he was doing, and turned off the hob. He ran to the phone and answered it.
"Hello?" Taehyung asked.
"Hi son, it's your father"
"Oh hi dad, is everything okay?"
"Yes thank you, i've got good news for you. You have your next job as a protector, and you're needed right away"
"I'll be there as quick as I can" Taehyung said, while hanging up the phone.

He looked at his half cooked meal and threw it in the bin. He quickly grabbed his stuff and ran to the fairy headquarters. He knocked on the door and walked in after the door open.
"Okay Taehyung, you've been assigned Jeon Jungkook. He is a 19 year old boy, who is having troubles with bullies, and is now not being able to cope. You need to protect him from the bullies, and himself, as him being alone is making him worse" the chief spoke reading the details off the sheet.
"Yes sir, I won't let you down" Taehyung bowed.
His father walked up to him and pulled him into a hug.
"If you find your soulmate, just know i'll be here whenever you need me okay. I'll be watching you, protecting you. If you ever need me, call me upon my name and i'll talk to you okay"
"Of course dad, but i'm sure I won't find them" Taehyung chuckled patting his fathers back gently.
"Anyway, I'll see you later, do me proud" he said before, there was a flash of a light.

Taehyung opened his eyes and found himself next to a bridge. The fairy looked around, squinting as the moon was his only source of light. He used his hand softly and curved it, in a instant a small glow appeared, helping him to see more clearly. He looked around and saw a figure at the edge. As he walked closer he heard crying, and loud sobs coming from the strange figure.

"Hey, come away from there" Taehyung called out clearly, so the person could hear him.
"W-why should I?" the boy cried harder.
"Because you have a whole future a head of you. No matter how shit your life might be right now, it will get better. I promise you, this isn't a good option. You only get one shot at life, and you should enjoy it to the fullest. So please don't do it" Taehyung called back, a small distance away from the boy.
"B-but this life is anything but good. It's all shit and it would be so much better if I wasn't here! I don't even know who you are, but you're wasting your time"
"Jungkook" Taehyung muttered but loud enough so the boy could hear.
The boy turned his head around and looked at the male in confusion. He had no idea who the person was.

"W-who are you?" Jungkook asked in confusion.
"I'm your protector, and i'm here to show you the best in life. Please trust me and come to me. You may not believe in magic or fairytales, but i'm your guardian fairy, give me a chance. My name is Taehyung, you can call me whatever you want and i'm here for you, I promise" Taehyung pleaded.
Jungkook considered it and decided to agree. He moved himself off the bridge and he fell backwards into Tae's body. Taehyung was quick to catch him. But once their bodies collided Taehyung felt tingles rush through his body and the urge to kiss the younger was high. He felt a warm feeling in his stomach, something which he hasn't felt before.
"My s-stomach is warm" Jungkook breathed shakily, removing himself from Tae's body.
"Hello soulmate" Taehyung rasped pulling the boy into his chest and pressed a kiss onto the younger's forehead.

Jungkook's whole body went hot, and they both saw a bright light. Sparkles began flying around them catching Jungkook off guard. They slowly faded away and Taehyung was left frozen.
"What just happened?" Jungkook spoke with disbelief.
"I have a lot to explain"

The pair went to Jungkook's apartment and Taehyung told Jungkook everything. Jungkook was confused at first but he then began to believe it. That night they went to sleep hugging one another, both feeling warmth inside them.

It was the next day and Taehyung took Jungkook to school. Jungkook told the elder everything about his life as well the night before, including the bullying. Taehyung was pissed and he was ready to punch the shit out of someone.

They made it outside the school and Jungkook nervously walked to the front gate. A group of boys began walking towards him and were about to shove the boy against the wall but Taehyung was quick to step in. The elder was much taller than the group and was able to shield Jungkook behind his back.

"Leave him the fuck alone, otherwise you'll have to fear me, and I won't stop till theres justice"