Chapter 2

Awakening

There's a lot of mysteries in this world, like how the afterlife would look like, will we live outside of earth, and are aliens real? Questions would arise on things and events that we, humans could not explain.

Now, if scientists and other philosophers couldn't answer some questions in this world, who would answer me?

I was still waiting, still hoping to see myself in the underworld awaiting for meng po's soup. I tried to not panic but I'm getting short of breath and even the doctor prescribed me to get an oxygen tank and stay in the hospital for two more days.

She on the other hand was there, she was always by my side. I couldn't see the dark circles underneath her eyes nor the pain reflected in those eyes, I was in fear.

For almost two days, I lived in fear, hoping to get out of this dream as my consciousness was in and out at times.

I can only feel the warm hands of someone as they envelop my cold ones. The familiar gentle voice comforting me and calling my name with affection.

Then I slept again.

...

I have been in the hospital for a week, I knew it since the nurses told her and say that I'm free to go. She expressed her gratification and wheeled me out of the hospital.

I don't want to be here anymore, I'm sick of the white walks and the smell of antiseptic and that very obvious gloom in the hallways.

I hate it.

"Ju Ju, what do you want to eat? Want your favorite Xiaolongbao for today's breakfast?" She asked as she wheels me off of the hospital.

Then she lowered herself and smoothed out my bangs, her eyes filled with maternal love as she looks at me.

"JuJu?"

I couldn't say anything to her, it still felt so surreal for me, I just don't think I'll be able to accept... this.

Her mood becomes downcast for a second before she cheered up and carried me which made me squeal.

"Put me down!" A sweet and milky voice left my lips, it was both foreign and weird.

Well, what did we say earlier? I can't talk to her? Well, my temper gets out of my brain and decides first before my rationality kicks in.

I glared at her not knowing that my face just looks like a scrunched-up white bear.

"My lovely Ju Ju!" She kissed me on my face making me screech and struggle on her embrace.

I had never been this embarrassed! I'm a grown woman and not a little kid! Ah!

"Stop it! No! Juan no!"

I felt her stop and I can finally breathe but then she looks at me and asked.

"What did you just call mommy? Juan? How did you know mommy's name?"

Shi- Shitake mushrooms! Ugh! I just can't swear in this form! It's a blaspheme if I did!

Just think about it, a 3-year-old (I saw from the nurse's file) swearing like a sailor, that would seriously screw up the adults.

Anyway, back to the question. I felt like bashing my head right now, you're a 3-year-old child! How can you shout your mother's name? Even if it's your sister, you're not you anymore, you're her daughter?! Besides, those in the 2-5-year-old kids don't even remember their parent's name, how could you?

Her eyes were filled with curiosity and it's burning my face even redder now. I think I should do the most famous technique for kids to get out of trouble; cry.

And so I did.

"Waaah! Mommy's angry waah!"

If you told me that I, a grown-ass woman, would cry like a baby then I would've to smack you in the face! But jokes on me now, after all, I don't have any solution it the ness I've created so let's just set aside our pride, for today!

And so the day finishes up with a meal of Xiaolongbao and milk, the end,  freaking finally.

***
Chapter 2 is up! Yeyyyy!

Now, what would you do if you become a 3-year-old? I guess I would just smother myself in food and sleep every time. That's what adults need now, sleep!

I hope you all like this chapter! Have a nice day everyone! Stay safe and healthy!

Thank you!