Chapter 3

House

After coaxing me to stop crying, my tears had finally ended but my throat began to ache from shouting earlier. Even so, I would do it again unless I want to be labeled as a possessed kid.

The moment my eyes fell on the dilapidated building where countless vines had already taken root and the walls, I'm afraid I'll collapse when a storm comes.

We walked inside the building and saw many figures, some were hunched back and some were running around the narrow alleys. She, Juan, was quick and passed the barrow hallway with ease. 

"Juan is that Xiao Ju? Is she okay now?" A middle-aged woman with the look of a kind-hearted lady came up to us.

"Ju Ju's alright now, thank you for looking at our house Grandma Ye" She said making the old lady smile and urging us to go in in case I get blown by the cold wind and her sick again.

She turned to a corner and fished out her keys from her pockets, the door was dirty brown and I already have an impression in my mind of this new house of mine.

"Home sweet home Ju Ju" she sweetly said as she opened the door and I was kind of amazed at the inside of the house.

It wasn't what I thought it was, not like a dirty house stockpiled with useless things and will smell of dust and grime.

It was surprisingly clean though it cannot hide the aged furniture and walls, it still is a food house to live in. The floors were wooden and free of dust, walls although old was painted with light peach-colored paint and some potted plants along the corner making the house look livelier.

She put me into a chair fit for a three-year-old with straps on the sides then she turns to the kitchen area.

"Let's cook our Xiao Ju some corn soup, hm?" She had her back turned on me but I can imagine the smile blooming on her face

I watched her take a can of chicken broth and cream corned, then she mixed water and cornstarch in a small bowl before boiling. Lastly, she put on scrambled eggs inside the pot, and in less than five minutes, it was served piping hot on my table.

"Do you want mommy to feed you?" I didn't even think about it for a second and shake my head like a rattle drum.

Her eyes crinkled in amusement before giving me a small spoon and cooling off the corn soup then gave it to me.

I look at the corn soup in concentration, I've never had this kind of soup since my parents, well our parents would never give me this kind of simple cheap food. I've tasted all delicacies in the world and is a snob about food so, I don't know if I could eat this.

"What's wrong Ju Ju?"

"Nothi- no, Ju Ju eats now!" I shouted and dipped the spoon on the bowl and put it in my mouth with my eyes shut.

My mouth bursts into flavors, the readiness of the soup and the flavor of corn mixing with the chicken broth was amazing. Like a child who had finally gotten her favorite food and just gobbled it.

"Our Xiao Ju is a bit messy" I heard her saying as she wiped my stained lips, maybe my face has already been filled with soup corn.

Ugh! So embarrassing.

I glared at her and pursed my lips then was attacked with her kisses, again. I tried to wiggle my way out of this humiliating experience but cannot due to my small limbs.

"Okay, okay, our Xiao Ju doesn't like mommy's kisses, it's fine. Mommy's not sad, it's really fine" she tried to sell pity but it won't work for me! Maybe it would for a true 3-year-old but not me!

I turn my head and let her washed my hands with a wet handkerchief, trying to reign the disgust that is about to leave my face.

"Alright, JuJu is finally clean!" Then she takes me out of this small chair and takes me to a room and when I saw the clothes on the bed, I wailed.

No!

***
Chapter 3 is up!

What does corn soup taste like? I've never tasted one before!

Have a great day everyone! Stay safe and healthy!

Please do VOTE. COMMENT. SHARE.

Thank you!