Chapter 4

State

I was dressed up in a pink puffy dress and white socks adorned with laces making me cringe so bad inside my head.

She on the other hand was taking pictures of me with that doting look on her face. Then I heard her mentioning she'll upload it in her moments which made me panicked.

"Mommy no! No! More!" I stamped my small feet on the floor making her stop her actions.

I felt relieved at that scene though I didn't realize that I was fooled. She still did post it in her moments and the poor me did not know any of it since I'm currently a child.

"Well, let's get you out okay? We'll play outside but before that let's go to Grandma Ye first" she was about to pick me up in the air but I took a step back and announced.

"From now on, I won't need mommy's help, I'll walk!" I puffed my chest and look at her straight, trying to see if there's any resistance but all j saw was her amused face.

"Mommy!"

The second thing I've learned the moment I became a child, never to call her by her name, you're a young child for god's sake and not equal to them.

"Okay, okay, it seems like our JuJu changed, she doesn't like mommy anymore" then she proceeded to cry which I can see is fake but I still walk up to her and hug her.

"JuJu loves mommy so much!" I emphasized the word 'so' making her giggle and kiss my cheeks.

I can only pout and let her do it unless I want myself to cope inside the house doing nothing but watch Barbies.

Then she opened the door once more, her steps were slow and I could see her accommodating this small figure of mine. Along the way, we saw some middle-aged women with eyes filled with curiosity and contempt.

It seems like they were too jealous of Juan's beauty! Hmph! These old hags would even fight the younger generation, tsk, too low of them!

But I can see where their minds are taking the direction of; a beautiful single woman with a child living in this dilapidated house, it seems fishy. They may think that she's a mistress or had a child out of wedlock which the latter part is true.

As we reached the end of the hallway, she stopped and knocked on the door. It opened and a familiar old lady was seen in the cracks, her eyes curved into crescents as she opened the door wider.

"Come in, come in, our Xiao Ju will get cold!"

Juan took off her shoes and slip on some house slippers and take mine as well before going in. The interior was far from ours but it was still quite decent, something that I'll never think I'll say.

I've lived in very luxurious hotels, traveled the world with complete sets of necessities and without the worry of money. Now, I could feel the run-down state of ours, even if she tried to make it look easier, it's not.

Her money must be gone now, if not there's only a small amount left of it. I don't even know where she got her money and where she works.

Sigh, is this karma?

Everything that I've done and those people whom I have fought with must be retaliating with me now. Honestly, I just wish we could just meet in the underworld and not here.

Anyway, let's just make this life at least comfortable but I won't change. I would still be that spoiled bratty princess, but- I would try to at least adapt.

Yeah, no more than that.

***
Chapter 4 is up!

Exams are finished, well, 3 of them and there are four more which is still very difficult. Only two points and ill pass the first one but I didn't, ugh.

Anyways, hope you have a great day everyone! Stay safe and healthy!

Please do VOTE. COMMENT. SHARE.

Thank you!