Chapter 18

Fear

The windows were tinted black from the inside and outside, it seems like this kidnapper doesn't want us to know their location and get busted by some nosy passerby.

Thankfully, this old man was too confident that they won't get caught and didn't even bother to look at our belongings. Stupid but that's what we wanted for now.

"I'm hungry" I heard the little boy beside me murmur.

"Here" I took out a piece of bread from my bag and handed it to him, the old man just glanced at us before continuing his work.

"Thank you uh... What's your na-"

"Thank you gege! JuJu is happy that she can help gege!"

Freaking hell, I was so close to getting caught in the act by my stupid comrade, ugh!

"Don't worry JuJu, I'll be the best gege in the world!" Gege my ass! We're just the same age but I'm much older than you!

You were buying soy sauce while I'm already buying out my apartment! We're generations ahead!

We were still going, the car hasn't stopped and I already feel sleepy. Fudge! It's almost my nap time! Being a kid truly isn't that easy, sigh.

"Are we there yet grandpa?"

"Oh, we're almost there so just wait okay? We still have to go pick-"

"I need to pee!" He said pitifully but the old man saw it as him being disobedient.

"No now get yourself seated and behave or else-" he stopped and narrowed his eyes making his gentle face transform into a scary one.

The little guy was just too innocent to see that this old man was too pissed and would-be care about his shenanigans and cried out.

"I want to go home! I want- mmph!"

"Stop it!" The old man shouted, his eyes darken in anger as he tightly covered the little boy's face with his hand.

I grew paler and cold, I never had this experience before, and even though I'm already an adult, it still feels scary.

The little boy sobbed quietly and slumps on the side, his eyes filled with tears making him look pitiful.

"I don't want to hear any cry understand?!" The two of us trembled and nodded, my eyes getting teary from his obvious anger.

I squeezed to his side, Wu Ruo Xi if I remember, and held his palm with my small ones. We were huddled on the side of the car as it speeds up matching with our hearts.

"Shh, don't cry, uncle policeman will save us" I whispered into his ear as he looked at me with that doe innocent eyes.

I sigh, it seems like this kid was too sheltered and loved by his parents that even the darkness in society won't stain his purity. What they didn't realize is that he will only go down a path of being a pushover and naive.

I was just like him too, until Juan came and he returned. I was given a reality check and had my whole life in a 360 change.

With that, I caressed his hair and him to him, he scooted closer to me and put his head on my shoulder.

"This is how my mommy comforts me," I told him, Juan and our mother were like two peas in a pod. Both gentle and loving, they would cover their pain with their smile and hid it for as long as they can.

"I miss my mommy and daddy" he whispered and then he was fast asleep. It seems like my body was also tired and in seconds, I was asleep.

...

The old man looked at the two kids in his side, the two were huddled together like chicks. He smirked, the reward for taking this guy must be huge since he's the only child in the Wu family.

Heh, if it weren't for that woman then he wouldn't have easily taken this little boy.

The old man and the driver swap places with another man, someone on their team. They're about to ship them off to a mountain area and after this, he'll get their money.

He doesn't care about their family problems, he has seen a lot of rich and affluent families fight for properties and positions. He only needs the money and after that, he's done.

With that, they drove to a different lane with their eyes gleaming as if they can already taste abundant money.

***
Chapter 18 is up!

Well, family schemes are always apparent in rich households. So, what would y'all choose? A rich affluent family or a poor and dilapidated family?

That's all everyone! Stay safe and healthy, have a great day!

Please do VOTE. COMMENT. SHARE.

Thank you!